"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Pretties...Happy Trails To You

 Happy Friday Pretties!
This summer has been so hot that I have been
taking bike rides early in the morning 
to get some exercise before the heat sets in.

 Right behind our house is a city bike path
 that goes for miles and miles.
 We have mowed a path from 
our backyard to the path.
It's is curvy and pretty.
It has become a happy, peaceful
 and shady part of the morning.
 I put my phone in the basket and
turn on Pandora's Lite 70's station.
And, yes, if there is no one around,
I sing along.
 It is a great and calming start to my day.
 All I need is a loaf of french bread
and a bouquet of flowers to 
make this picture complete.
 This has been a happy,
 happy part of my summer.


I hope that you all have a Wonderful Friday!
Make sure to visit Sherrie's
Take a look around and make sure you link up.

Love, Joyce

8 comments:

It's me said...

Wishing you a happy weekend...love Ria...xxx...

vintage grey said...

A beautiful bike ride!! Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

Naturally Carol said...

What a beautiful path..especially in the morning light..very serene!

Silvia C said...

What a wonderful bike path! (and I love your choice of music). It's great how little things can make us so happy, if we allow it. Your post reminded me of all the little yet sweet things I enjoyed this summer. Have a great weekend.

Lesa said...

That is very cool. I'm jealous of that bike path :)

Mrs. Sutton said...

This sounds like absolute perfection! I'd love to have such a gorgeous cycle path minutes from my house. Alas, although I am in the countryside, I have to battle with windy country lanes, and you never know what will be hurtling around the corner - your path and lane look VERY serene and civilised - lol!
Delighted to have discovered you.
Best wishes from Norfolk,
Paula xxx

JASMINA said...

Beautiful :)!
It's my first time on this blog and to be introduced to it by such a nice and calming post is great.
I always say that I've got to buy a bike :)...
Keep up the good work...
XO

Cassandra Hart said...

I just found your blog and I wanted to say thanks. Thanks for showing that all the beautiful little things are all around.... and all we have to do is look.

I raise my glass to yet another wonderful blog that it has been my honor to visit.

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones