"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Monday, May 28, 2012

Freedom Is Not Free

Image Detail
Today, I am taking a moment to acknowledge my gratefulness to all the military families, past and present, who have sacrificed so much for our freedom.

I hope that we never take for granted the holidays, births of children, first days of school, books not read to a child at night, first steps, graduations, hugs and kisses, first words, day to day life and all the events missed while these brave men and women serve to protect all of us.


A special thanks to my sister, Sherrie, her family and her husband, Rob, who has served in the Army faithfully their entire married life.
 He missed all of the things that I listed and more.
They are an amazing family.
Love you all, Sherrie!

Please take a moment with me today to thank God for such amazing and brave souls!
God Bless,
Joyce

4 comments:

koralee said...

Oh how true your words are today! Hope you are remembering and enjoying your day. xoxo Hugs

vintage grey said...

Beautiful post!! Thank you to Sherrie's husband for his service and sacrifice!! True blessing! xo Heather

Vintage Home said...

Wonderful Tribute...we here north of your border are grateful too!

Gloria said...

A very beautiful tribute!! And I am so grateful for their dedicated service too!

xoxo...Gloria

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones