"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Monday, March 12, 2012

Bits and Pieces

Here are just a few treasure
 I found at my Mom's house.
My Mom, Dad, Me & Big Brother Bill
I love the picture of Jesus on the background.
I wonder what happened to it?

Several years later...
Mom, Dad, Bill, Me,
Little Brother Tommy & Little Sis Sherrie.
All I can say about the outfits is-
Wow
Mine and Sherrie's dresses are hot off
Mom's sewing machine.
So Sweet!

I remember reaching into this cookie jar
to grab freshly made chocolate chip cookies.
Is she the cutest?!?
I'm not sure exactly where she came from. 
 I think that she was a wedding gift.
But, I'm not sure.

We found hundreds of index cards 
written by my mom
 with scripture, quotes or
 little "tips" for the day.
Anything with her handwriting
on it is Priceless to me.

I also found this gem-
This is from 1967 and I remember my mom
doing the exercises from this little book
in the middle of our living room.
There are some very "Yoga Looking" 
moves in this little booklet.
I may use it myself.
Timeless!

This is a little mini quilt that I found.
Probably made by my Grandma.
She was a quilter.
So Cute!
 I will share some more of these 
treasured treasures next time.

Love,
Joyce

5 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I treasure all the things with my mom's handwriting on it, too.

What fun things you found at your mom's...Memories are sweet.

Farm Girl said...

I haven't yet done what you are doing. My Mom's house is still as she left it. My sister is living in it and she doesn't have the heart to do it either. I know I need too, My Mom kept every thing we ever wrote to her and my Dad. Oh gosh, just makes me cry,
You are so brave. I loved looking at all of that stuff.

Clare said...

Your blog is lovely! And they are fabulous pretty little things from your mothers house. It's really nice to find old photographs and items that you can treasure. Really like the exercise book - my Mam has one just like it!

Vintage Home said...

Truly in a word...T R E A S U R E S ! Thank you for sharing you sweet families history!

vintage grey said...

Hi Joyce! I love your beautiful treasures! The vintage elephant is adorable. :) What a treasure to have your mom's handwritten index cards of scriptures and quotes. Corrie Ten Boom was an amazing women! These would be priceless to me, too. Maybe you could frame them in a collage or in different vintage frames around your home. :) The quilt is absolutely beautiful, and looks like it has been loved and cuddled with. Those are the best to have! Love your blog and I am your newest follower! Have a blessed day! xo Heather

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones