"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bits & Pieces II

Here are few more treasures-
Priceless to me...
Mom, Uncle Tom & Aunt Joyce

My Mom journaled a lot.
Her words are so dear to me.
They make me feel like, for a moment,
I am with her again.
I really don't think that she would mind if I 
shared this entry with you.
She lost her precious sister 22 years ago.
Her baby sister.
It never feels right when we lose people
we love "out of order".
She adored both her sister, Joyce,
 and her "Baby" Tommy.
My little brother and I
 are both named after them.  :)
Uncle Tom, Aunt Joyce & Mom
Thanksgiving with LOTS of yummy food!

 This is a letter from Mom, to her family, while she was in college.
Very Dramatic!
I love the young girl, in her, in this letter!
 Another letter from school

This is later in her life-
She is married with two little ones.
I can tell from this letter that she 
really wants to see her Mom.
She has a whole plan laid out for
Grandma and Grandpa to come visit.
So Sweet!
Aunt Joyce, Julie, Grandma, Diana, Mom & Billy
Mom and Aunt Joyce are both expecting Mindy and me.
Cousin Diana, Brother Bill, Cousin Julie, Cousin Mindy & Me
I am sorry to some of you younger cousins.
Pictures of you will be posted later.
That's just the price you pay for being so young. 

 My Grandma & Grandpa's
Marriage Certificate


This is where it all began...
I had never seen this before.
There will be more things to come.
Things that mean so much to me.
I hope that you-
 Cousins, Uncle Tom, Aunt Karen,
along with the bloggers
 who read this,
 -I hope that you have enjoyed
 this walk down 
 Memory Lane!

7 comments:

vintage grey said...

Hi Joyce, thank you for sharing such sweet memories. I love how your mother wrote a journal, and how you still have them to cherish and read through. What amazing treasures to have! Have a blessed day! :) xo Heather

Farm Girl said...

So much life. I am so glad you shared. Maybe I won't burn the love letters that my husband and I mailed back and forth when he was away at college. Maybe my kids someday will thing they were special. :)
Looking at it all makes me rethink that. Thanks

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Thank you for sharing your memories with us. You were very blessed to have had a close and loving family.

Debbie Kay said...

What a beautiful post, I could truly feel your emotion behind every word.

Smiles & Blessings,

Debbie

koralee said...

What a lovely post...how blessed you are to have all those photos and letters. Pure joy.

Thank you for your sweet comments you left me the other day. xxox Hugs always.

Vintage Home said...

Oh my those letters are wonderful...we don't get the same feeling with an email...the envelope the paper the beautiful cursive writing!
Thank you for sharing!
Love the pictures!

Gloria said...

Beautiful! Precious memories and keepsakes for sure!

I hope you have a happy Easter, celebrating with your family. He is Risen!! :)
xoxo...Gloria

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones