"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Thursday, January 26, 2012

 Projects Are Fun!

 My sister, Sherrie from A Ruffled Nest, 
is becoming an expert at furniture painting.
She has discovered,
 through Carter's Cottage,
where she sells her beautiful things,
Annie Sloan's paint.
 It is chalk paint.
Avid painters love it.
So...I decided to try it.
I love it too!
It is fun to work with and 
I love all of the colors that are available.
This pure white is definitely a pure white,
which I Love!
This bookshelf was dark red.
It did take three coats.
Next time I would prime it first.
Have any of you tried this paint?
Let me now what you think.
Joyce

3 comments:

Vintage Home said...

wow...great ..love the white you picked..I hqve never used ASP but I hear it is great!
I have tried for the last week to comment on your sisters blog but it wont let me ...and I can't do any back reading either???
p.s. I love your new banner!..great fabric!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I think it looks great and I've heard it's easy to use! ♥

koralee said...

Oh yes...we can get it up here too now...I love love love it!
Hugs to you..and happy painting.

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones