"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our Annviversary

"We are all a little weird 
and life's a little weird, 
and when we find someone whose
 weirdness is compatible with ours,
 we join up with them 
and call it love."   
                                  
 -Dr. Seuss
Today is our 27th anniversary.


You can see my post from last year
Here
But,  for today, I have re-posted just a bit of 
last year's post-

Twenty-six years ago today
two very young kids got married.

Those young kids,
who thought that they were Very grow-up,
were Big Jer and I.
We were 21 and 22.
Some would say that that is not so young...
We were!
And, now that I have a 21 year old
I really know how young that is.

We stood before friends, family
and most importantly, before God.
and vowed to
Love and Honor
each other.
We promised to be married until
Death.
Do 21 year old "Kids" really understand
"Until death do us part."
?
Well, through all of these years together,
all of our big and small events,
all of our unbelievable joys
and some heartbreaking trials,
we have,
By The Grace Of God,
stood the test of time.
We do not take any of these years for granted.
We are thankful, every day,
for August 11, 1984 until today.
We are even thankful for those heartbreaks,
because through adversity
strength is truly born.


Love You Jer!!!

10 comments:

Astri said...

Hello! Been following your blog for a while but I am not so good at commenting, (apologies). This post especially touched my heart. I also married a weirdo and he did as well. :-)

Have a wonderful day.

koralee said...

Congratulations to you my friend. xoxoxo ENJOY your day.

It's me said...

Owwwwww so sweet !!...congratulations !!! ....love from me.....xxx....

Gloria said...

Awe...sweet! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!! :) God is so good!! I pray you will have many more years & blessings to come.

xoxo...Gloria

Cat Martin said...

Happy Anniversary !!! Msy you have many more " weird" years together and share lifes most precious gift " LOVE"!...

Libbie said...

You guys are sooo cute! I love a love story :) I hope you guys had a wonderful day!!!

I always tell my kids, "You're weird...good thing I like weird." :)

janice15 said...

Congratulations. You are blessed my dear...I hope that you have many more years to come..God Bless you and him..hugs...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

My husband and I have been married for 47 years and are more in love than we were when we started, it is as it should be.

May you have many, many more years to share your lives with each other, and with the Lord as the divine third of your relationship.

Jean said...

Congratulations! Beautiful post. Very cute.

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Congrats on 27 years! That is so wonderful. Looks like you had the day of your dreams. Here's to many more ahead of you both!

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones