"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Full Nest...Empty Nest...Full Nest...

For a whole week 
my husband and I had an empty nest.
It was a test.
How will we do when that time comes?


Well, we filled it up with fun and
 tried to keep busy,
but our nest felt Very empty.
Our two older boys have moved out 
and our youngest was on 
a mission trip for a week.
We had adjusted to only having 
one at home- 
but there was a a huge hole 
in our world with our youngest gone!
Well...
He is back!
And,
Our middle son has moved back in
 for a little while,
so...

Our nest feels full again.
See that chick with his mouth wide open
waiting for Mom to feed him?
I so get that!
Ha Ha
Boys are always HUNGRY!
But, I am thrilled to be able to feed them.
Now I just need to formulate a plan to get my third chick home...


Children are a gift from the LORD; 
they are a reward from him.
Psalm 127:3

8 comments:

Farm Girl said...

It is hard and when the house is empty during the day is very hard for me. I am okay in the evenings when my husband is home, but it still feels like someone took my training wheels of too soon. I still list to one side.
Grand kids help a whole bunch.
It happened so fast I just wasn't expecting it.
That is why I got chickens. :)

It's me said...

I am glad they are almost back home all.....enjoy a lovely summer darling....love from me....xxx..

Lemon Lane Cottage said...

You are so funny. I have one that has left and come back three times. This time she came back with my beautiful grandson in tow. I know what you mean, it is nice when the house is empty for a day or two and then it is just plain weird! When it happens for good I imagine I'll be alot more productive! Enjoy them while you can.

koralee said...

Oh I love having a full nest!!! Enjoy my friend. xoxoxo

Sewn With Grace said...

Sunday night after spending the day hugging Maddie, Taylor packed and was walking out the door to head back and I suddenly got this big lump in my throat. I wanted to have everyone home just a bit longer. I so get it! P.S. the word verification to leave my comment is "nesti" isn't that interesting...

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Very interesting Renee...wierd!

Bonnie said...

I must agree with you, growing up with my brother, he ate everything and then some! Milk was always the first to go. I'm happy you have some more time to spend with your boys. Enjoy every minute of it!

xoxo

PS I look forward to Friday Pretties again - it was always such fun to participate in. :)

pollydove said...

Hi Joyce! I was actually really sad when my two older girls were gone for a year. I (only) had two at home and it was WAY too quiet for me!!!! I seriously don't know what I will do when all of my little chickadees are gone!!!!

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones