"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Monday, July 18, 2011

Birthday Girl!

Is solace anywhere more 
comforting than
in the arms of a sister.  

~Alice Walker

My wonderful sister just
 had a birthday.
After such a crazy year,
I am
CELEBRATING
HER!!!

Last year at this time 
she was at the beginning 
of her chemo treatments.

She is cancer FREE!
So...
 Do either one of us complain
 about turning another 
year older?
No Way!
Do we take any year, month, 
day, minute for granted?
No Way!

Every breath is a gift.
Celebrate every birthday 
with Enthusiasm!
Thank Our Father
 for the gift of life.

And, today, 
I am Thanking
Thanking 
Thanking God 
for the gift of My Sister!

I LOVE YOU SHERRIE!

Visit her at her blog-
A Ruffled Nest
Sherrie is the Little Sis in this picture.
So, So Cute!!!

8 comments:

The Tablescaper said...

Rough year! Congratulations for making it through.

- The Tablescaper

koralee said...

Happy Birthday Sherrie....such jOY! xoxoxo

It's me said...

Great news!! did you get my email darling???....congratulations...love you Ria...xxx...

Mary Jane's TEAROOM said...

Such a wonderful, heartwarming post....you have so much to look forward to together...
Susan x

Martina said...

Happy birthday to yopur pretty sis Joyce, have a fun celebration and celebrate LIFE and LOVE! xx

pollydove said...

What a beautiful post Joyce! And you are both beautiful women! My sisters are my favorite people in the world ... lucky us, huh?! xo

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

What a wonderful victory! This is an extra special year to celebrate then! Congrats and thanks for the inspiration!

Cheryl said...

I am so glad that your sister is celebrating her birthday cancer free. Her story gives real meaning to the slogan of the American Cancer Society: "More Birthdays". Having lost a sister to cancer, this post brought tears to my eyes....there is nothing like the love between sisters. Happy Birthday, Sherrie!
Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones