"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Monday, April 11, 2011

Remembering With Thankfulness

My Mom
Doris Ann Dean
April 11, 1936-
September 22, 2011
Today would have been my
 Mom's 75th birthday.
                                                   
Mom with her beloved sister, Joyce
Mom, Aunt Joyce & "Her Baby" Tommy
Mom.& Aunt Joyce 
 Mom, Aunt Joyce & Uncle Tom
Mom is on the far right. Aunt Joyce is second
from the left. She is sitting next to their cousin Bev.
 Those three again.  :)
She Adored her sister and brother!!!
 Grandma, Mom, Dad and Grandpa
(Her parents)


 Last year at this time my Mom had come to live with us.
She had just stopped all of her treatment.
 She just couldn't tolerate it,
and had enrolled into Hospice.
 She was sinking deep into a sadness that I couldn't stop.
These pictures of her, at her and Seth's birthday party,
are extra precious to me
because she was laughing.
 There was really only one thing that could 
bring a true smile to her face at this point,
 and that was a grandchild.
 She is so LOVED 
and so MISSED!!!
But I know that she is in a better place.

"In My Father's house are many mansions,
 if it were not so I would have told you. 
I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again and receive you to Myself;
 that where I am there you may be also."
John 14:2-3

Love you Mom!
The world is so different without you.
Much Love,
Joyce

12 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I am so thankful you are here and I am thankful that you have some happy pictures and happy days to remember her by, I wish you blessings today, it will be a bittersweet day.

Elaine said...

Love the pictures! I know you are thankful for the ones with her smiling...so precious!! May the Lord bring wonderful memories of your precious mom to your mind today.

It's me said...

O my darling what a difficult day for you...the first birthday of your mom without her......so sad......wishing you lots of streingth......lots of love ...blessings.....and kisse......and more and more.....The Lord is our Shepherd........xxx...xxx...xxx...

birdie blue said...

love this post about your sweet mom, joyce. may all of the special memories give you comfort.

xo
~molly

Sewn With Grace said...

I LOVE all the wonderful pictures. Praying for you today. I wonder what birthdays are like in heaven with Jesus and family by her side?

At The Picket Fence said...

What a beautiful tribute! Knowing where someone is spending Eternity provides peace and comfort beyond measure. Thank you for sharing this with us!
Vanessa

blessedmom's simple home said...

A beautiful post Joyce, and a very loving tribute to your beloved mom :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Everlasting Blooms said...

I love that verse it's such a comfort to us! :)

~ Also love all those old photos they are always such fun to look back at.

~ Thanks for sharing xoxo

Gloria said...

((((Joyce))))) hugs and prayers for you in the missing of your beloved mom. What a beautiful tribute to your mom!

Thank you for sharing from your heart, dear friend...
xoxo....Gloria

Cass @ That Old House said...

Dear Joyce,
I stumbled upon your blog thru The Tablescaper's blog -- and I just want to say that your lovely and bittersweet post touched me very much.

I lost my Mom in January '10 from Alzheimer's; she spent 18 months in hospice care. My Dad passed away in February '11, just 13 months later.

I miss them both every day; how very lucky we are, to have had loving parents, to know them, and to miss them so much.

Blessings to you -- Cass

koralee said...

Oh sweet friend...may you find comfort on this day as you remember the sweet times with your mom. Sending you lots of love. xoxoxo
And yes...she is in a better place. xoxo

Vintage Home said...

Heaven holds her...So sweet to hear of your love for her.
Apr 11th is my 22 year old daughters bday....I pray she loves me as much as you love your mom!
Thank you for sharing.

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones