"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Monday, February 28, 2011

Sherrie's House...

Who Wouldn't want to stay 
in this snuggle room?!?
Whenever I go to visit my sister, Sherrie,
she rolls out the 
Pink Shabby Chic Carpet!
 This was her daughter's room, who moved out this fall.
I have now claimed it as MY room.
Yes, other people have stayed in that room.
Little do they know that it is really mine. :)
Oh, and Sherrie's sewing room.
 I go into that room and I snuggle in
 and I sleep so soundly.
 I love my sister's home.
And, I love staying there and spending 
so much concentrated time with her
 and her family.
 We have had two really stressful and sad years
with our Mom's sickness and death,
and with Sherrie's FIGHT against cancer.
 We have had a stress and a sadness 
hovering over us.
But, this visit wasn't stressful or sad.
It was a CELEBRATION of Sherrie being cancer free!
She got her port out, 
and for those of you who have experienced cancer 
you know how wonderful this milestone is.
 So, even with this little surgery,
we laughed, and shopped, and laughed, and ate,
 and laughed, and talked, and laughed,
 and 
 CELEBRATED!!!
 She is such a joy in my life.
 My best friend.
I Am Blessed!

16 comments:

Kerri said...

So sweet! I am an only child but I have two little girls and I am ecstatic that they have each other!

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

How wonderful that you and your sister are so close and are able to lean on one another, celebrate and enjoy each other and your blessings.

Danielle

It's me said...

So nice to hear everything goes well !!! lovely post ......you and Sherrie are both such a nice girls !!.....it goes well with my sister last friday we enjoy her stay here with her husband.....we talk laugh ..and drink wine till late in the evening...nice !! and i am glad about that...Thank God that she was by me .....love love Ria....xxx....

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi Joyce,

How wonderful!! Oh..it's so nice to hear GOOD news like this. I know you two were like kids in a candy shop. ♥

You have a wonderful day..
Many Hugs,
Stephanie ♥

Alessandra said...

Lovely to have room to saw and being surrounded by your pretty materials and things... it will be awhile before my kids move out... my husband will want a pool table in the boy's room, and I... a room like yours in the girl's room! :-)

ciao

Alessandra

Alessandra said...

PS

I am your number 300 follower!!!

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

I love hearing about loving sisters...there has always been a yearning for a sister of my own in my life..but I was not as blessed as you are....

cherish your days...laugh together, cry together....
you really will always have each other... build memories together each day!


and I'm so glad you shared all of these pretty photos...

have a nice Monday night!

ciao bella

Creative Carmelina

Susan said...

So happy to hear that you are celebrating life together!
((HUGS))& smiles :) &
Blessings!

Your Southern Peach said...

What great news! Sisters are such a blessing and a true gift from God.

Farm Girl said...

So very nice, I am so, so happy for you both!! That you have each other.

The Garden Bell said...

Oh, so sweet. Cherish those moments together.

Maria said...

Hi Joyce!
Oh this must have been a wonderful day ~ a wonderful moment of gratitude and love.
Peaceful sleep is a treasure ~ so glad you got to relish in it ♥
Blessings always*
~Maria

Lilybets said...

Often, even if I'm young, I have seen many things very orrible, children killed,people with a gorgeus soul sick and so bad history..but I WANT TO THINK that it's a reason for everithing,I want to believe that God is looking for us, with angels and our dears who were died...I wish you and your sisters that angels give you their courage.

Mary Jane's Tearoom said...

Wonderful news for you both!
Susan x

koralee said...

Oh my sweet friend...this makes me soooo happy today. xoxoxo Sending you both ooodles of love.

Heidi said...

What fun to read such an uplifting post! Yes, sisters are special...I have of of them!
~Heidi

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones