"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Thursday, February 3, 2011

FRIDAY PRETTIES...A Friendship Relay

 ~Happy Friday Pretties~

 Sweet Cassie at 
Serenade For Solitude
 sent me a
Friendship Relay.
Really, Really Fun!
I am suppose to answer a few questions.
These are always harder than I think they will be-
But, here I go...

1. What did you first want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be either a teacher 
or a famous singer.
I figured I had a better chance of success at
teaching than singing, 
but in the privacy of my room I
had both a chalkboard to "pretend teach"
and a mirror and hairbrush for some 
Fabulous Rock Star Singing!
I am neither... 
 :)

2. What was my favorite childhood game?
At night, with all of my cousins, hands down-
Kick the Can
3. Most favorite birthday?
I love every birthday and am so thankful
for the gift of another year on this earth.
I will never take that for granted.

4. Something I have always wanted to do
 and haven't done yet-
Well...hmmmm...I don't know. 
I guess go to a blogger's conference 
and meet some of you.
That would be a Blast!
t
5. What was your first love? 
Besides boys...ha ha...
BOOKS!!!
I love to read.

6. First musical idol?
Nancy and Anne Wilson of Heart
(Magic Man...Do any of you know it?)

7. Favorite Gift?
On my husband's and my 17th anniversary,
after a very difficult year,
 my husband surprised me with
 a new diamond and wedding band.
It was exactly what I would have chosen.
He knew me.  :)
8. If a theme song played everywhere
 I went what would it be?
 Chris Tomlin's version of 
Amazing Grace.
In the chorus it says-
"My chains are gone.
I've been set free.
My God, My Savior 
has ransomed me.
And like a flood 
His mercy rains,
Unending Love,
Amazing Grace."
9. Favorite city to visit?
I have two. 
They are very different from each other
and I love them both for very different reasons.

#1 is the town my sister lives in.
I love visiting her and I love her cute little town.
When  think of that place, I feel happy.

#2 is a wonderful beach in Florida.
We went there before kids, and every Spring
of their growing up years.
It is beautiful and full of the fondest
family memories ever!

DONE!

So, there is a little trivia about me.
I am passing the baton to all of you.
Please answer these questions 
and let me know
so that I can learn more about you!

Visit all of the Pretties on my side bar for
Friday Pretties!!!

Also, visit Cassie on Thursdays.
She has the coolest link...
 I want to join in the fun next week,
 if I can get my creative juices flowing.  

14 comments:

Summer said...

HI JOYCE , THAT WAS SO FUN TO READ ...SPEAKING OF BLOGGING CONFERANCES , THERE IS ONE UP COMING IN OCTOBER CALLED THE RELEVANT CONFERANCE AND I SEE THAT ANN VOSCAMP IS SPEAKING ....I AM FAR ( VERY FAR )FROM BEING GOOD AT THIS BLOGGING THING HOWEVER I DO ENJOY IT AS IT IS A GREAT WAY FOR ME TO SHARE MY FAITH ( KIND OF LIKE A MINISTRY ) .....WOULDN'T IT BE FUN TO GO ....IT IS IN HARRISBURGH PA .....SOME OF THE SPEAKERS LOOK REALLY GOOD ....JUST THINKING AHEAD AND THOUGHT I'D MENTION IT TO YOU BECAUSE OF THE INTEREST YOU HAVE ....I PRAY FOR YOU AS A SISTER IN CHRIST THAT GOD WOULD LIFT YOUR SPIRITS AS YOU HAVE HAVE A TRYING PAST YEAR ....REST WELL AND THINK ABOUT THE CONFERANCE .

Everlasting Blooms said...

I like #4! Would also Love to do that! Or a creative conference of some sort...

Also Love Chris Tomlin's song...I have it on my ipod :)

~ Happy Pretty Friday to you! :)

koralee said...

Love your all about you! I played many a kick the can in my day as well....

Happy Friday Pretties....I am on time this week. xoxoxo

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I loved reading these Joyce...and yes, I remember Magic Man :-)
I love Chris Tomlin's version of Amazing Grace too.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Marcia

It's me said...

O my...i know everything from you now !! hahahahah!!...i think you know me a little bit right now...have you questions?? mail me darling...i tell you everything !! ..lovely weekend...happy friday pretties....love love love Ria...xxx...xxx....xxx...

Martina said...

Happy friday Pretties - so nice to come to know you better! Will answer questions next week - a fun idea!

Dee said...

I remember kick the can...I wonder if any kids now days play it? Thanks for giving us a peek at your life...from what I read...your a pretty cool person. :)

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Have a happy and Pretty Friday!! xx

pollydove said...

oh i love getting to know my blogging friends a little better! these are fun answers joyce! have a fabulous weekend!

Gloria said...

Hi Joyce,
I loved your answers! That Chris Tomlin song is awesome, I agree!! Thanks for sharing with us...it is so nice to get to know you better.

Your photos were very beautiful with this post as well, just like your answers to the questions...:)

Have a wonderful weekend, sweet Joyce! I am praying for you today (and your sis).

Love,
Gloria xoxo

bikim said...

great post! really fun to read!
happy weekend,
Rosa

Elizabeth said...

Hi Joyce,
Love getting to know more about you :]
It would be really cool to go to a blogging conferance!
Have a wonderful day!

A Serenade for Solitude said...

It was so nice to read these questions and answers, and I do feel like I know you a little better now!

A blogging conference--that would be cool. I'd have to yank my sis from Utah to come with me, because I'd be afraid to go alone!

P.S. I'd love for you to join The Little Things. :) I'm hoping to come up with something very pretty for Friday Pretties soon. xx

My Vintage Mending said...

Joyce, I looked all over for the link yesterday and didn't find it. So I popped over today and see it right there on the side. Good Heavens! Sorry about that. I will be there next Friday.....Renee

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones