"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Monday, January 31, 2011

Wise Old Bird...

How C-U-T-E is this?!?

Posted by Picasa
My friend, Debbie,
 who is holding this little gem,
 and I were having breakfast 
at a cute little downtown restaurant
 called The Crow's Nest.
(Is there a bird theme here?)


 Sitting next to us were two little 
"Hippish" girls. 
One of the girl had this back pack.


Of course I had to find out If-
or Where-  
If she made it herself or
If Not-
Where she got it.


She did not make it, but it was hand made. 
She found it on Etsy,
 but she couldn't remember where.

I want to try to make this.
Love, Love, Love It!!!


Here's an update-
Kerri wrote to me  to let me know that 
It is HERE  
Thai-Craft-Design


Kerri also has an Etsy shop called
 Shabby Chic 72
You can find it HERE
Go Visit! Her things are
ADORABLE!!!
Thanks Kerri!

The owl
The Wise Owl
The wise old owl
Sat in an oak.
The more he saw,
The less he spoke.
The less he spoke,
The more he heard.
Why can't we be like
That wise old bird?

14 comments:

jennifer said...

Oh, that is cute.

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello ~I've just strolled in for my first visit...I've enjoyed taking a peek at your past posts. Your blog is so charming.
That backpack is so adorable.
I do wonder where on Etsy she found it.
You might like Jessie Steele aprons too. She has a very similar style to Amy Butler design...ultra cute!
I look forward to coming by again.
Come by for a visit. Your company would be nice.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

A Serenade for Solitude said...

That is cute and so unique! Love owlish things. :) In fact, I'm sad that my owls have been tucked away since the fall...

koralee said...

Oh I am in love with this...sooooo adorable! Oh I wish I had the time...I would try this. xoxoxo hugs.

Elizabeth said...

Sooooo very cute!

It's me said...

What a cuty !!! so nice !! i think you can make this !!! you are verry pretty !!...lovely day....come and join my party !!...love Ria...xxx...

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

This is amazing! I think it awesome that you asked her about her bag and even got a photo! I got a huge kick out of this post ;-) Thanks for sharing!

Cinderell@'s wereld said...

:-) sooooooo cute...!!!

Kerri said...

Hi! I have a shop on Etsy, so I just searched and found the bag here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/thaicraftdesign

:) Kerri
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shabbychic72

pollydove said...

It is adorable! (And I bet yours will be even cuter Joyce!)

Gloria said...

Very cute owl! I have a thing for owls too...:)

I also have a (best) friend named Debbie, and just recently had dinner at a place named, The Crow's Nest (in Santa Cruz, Calif). It's a small world we live in full of nice surprises!!

Have a beautiful day, sweet Joyce!

XOXO Gloria

Maria said...

Hi Joyce! I love owls... I'm a night owl myself :o)
This looks like a fun purse to carry and I guess it's a great conversation maker!
Love those kind of days!
*keep warm*
~Maria

myletterstoemily said...

hi joyce!

thanks for the link to the darling etsy
shop. i love all her collectibles.

sorry about you long, hard winter. i'm
so glad you escaped to barnes and
noble!

seaside sundae said...

this is amazing!

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones