"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Contentment...


"Dogs are wiser than men.
They do not set great store upon things.
They do not waste their days
 hoarding property.
They do not ruin their sleep
worrying about how to keep
the objects they have, 
and to obtain  the objects they haven't."
-Eugene O'Neil


Becky from
Farm Girl Paints
wrote a post on her blog 
this spring on contentment.
I asked her if I could share it with you.
She said Yes. 
 :)
Here is a little bit from that post...


* Never allow yourself to complain about anything - not even the weather.
* Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else.
* Never compare your lot with another's.
* Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
* Never dwell on tomorrow - remember that [tomorrow] is God's, not ours.

It says in  fourth chapter of Philippians-
Look at the birds of the air,
for they neither sow nor reap
nor gather into their barns;
yet your Heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not of more value than they?






Which of you by worrying
can add one cubit to his stature?





Consider the lilies of the field
how they grow;
They neither toil nor spin;
and yet I say to you that even
Solomon in all his glory
was not arrayed like one of these."


Seek ye first the kingdom of God
and His righteousness,
and all these things shall be added unto you.

Hallelujah 

 I am joining Renee's Sunday Scripture.
Her Sunday posts are always 
Beautiful & Inspirational

4 comments:

Sarah B said...

I just love the quote about dogs. It is so true :)

Farm Girl said...

Some of my favorite sayings. I like seeing them here on your site. Have a lovely Sunday

It's me said...

Beautiful words....on a beautiful much !!! snowy sunday........and beautiful June...... so so so cute !!!....i really like that dog !! big huge hugs from my two girls.......and for you....tha most hugs.....love love love Ria....

Martina said...

I like these statements about contentment - so true! But difficult sometimes - not to complain ;) But we do our best, don't we? Have a lovely sunday!

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones