"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Strength Twofold



"Jesus was the strongest of men,
but also the gentlest of men.
As His followers we should practice gentleness:
spiritual strength under
the control of the Holy Spirit."

An attorney that John
knew in Scotland said,
"To have the power to strike,
and not to use it is strength twofold."
"Let your gentleness be
evident to all.
The Lord is near."
Philippians 4:5

7 comments:

Gloria said...

Such words of power and wisdom!

I love these beautiful photos. The brick mixed with that scrolled iron is a wonderful combination! So very pretty, Joyce!

Happy day to you...:)
xoxo Gloria

It's me said...

Beautiful true words from a beautiful true woman..............lovely sunday........blessings....Ria....

Hilary @ Sweet as June said...

so true. BTW I love June June ;)

koralee said...

amen my sweet friend. xoxoxo have a blessed day.

Vintage Home said...

...Thank you for this....

Privet and Holly said...

Hi Joyce!
Thank you
for the balm
of these very
lovely words,
this evening.
I have so enjoyed
reading about
aprons and bee
jars and getting
a little lost
in your pretty
world! One
of these Fridays
I will contribute,
pinky promise : ) !
xx Suzanne

Lynn said...

Joyce,
Thanks for your lovely comments the other day on my site. Have a blessed week! Lynn

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones