"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Thursday, September 9, 2010

J.Crew / Hippie Wedding Part II The Reception

Rebekah & Scott's
Reception




There were pictures of Scott and Rebekah on each table.
Everyone wrote to the happy couple on the background paper.
All of the pictures will be put into an album,
and that is their guest book.
How great is that idea?


Rebekah doesn't love cake,
but Rebekah LOVES pie.
So, they had pie.

Lots and lots of pie!
Yum Yum

Rebekah's Aunt Beth was the best pie server ever!
Yes,
And Uncle Dan-
A great support man.


To find out what table you were at,
you found your little jar of honey.

The Carson's, which you can read about.
provided the honey for this sweet wedding.



Look at these wonderful appetizers-




This is the Bridal Table
Aaaaahhhh....



Look at this handsome crew!
Five very special men in Rebekah's life!


Rebekah's very sweet Mom & Dad.
Love them!


Cute and sweet baby!
(Rebekah's niece)


Many, many happy thoughts and prayers
for the Happy Couple.
Here's to many, many wonderful
years together!

This is a little history on the location of the wedding. Here is a little history on the location of this wedding. THE HAYLOFT THEATRE

THE HAYLOFT THEATRE BARN WAS CONSTRUCTED IN 1902. FROM 1919 INTO THE 1940'S. THE BARN WAS PART OF A WORKING FARM OWNED BY THE SOLOMON SCHIEDEL FAMILY. THE BARN WAS PURCHASED IN THE 1940S AND DEVELOPED INTO THE HAYLOFT THEATRE BY MARY AND VERN MEYERS. THE THEATRE WAS CLOSED IN 1952. IN 1992, THE HAYLOFT THEATRE WAS RELOCATED FROM ITS ORIGINAL SITE ON EAST MILHAM AVENUE TO THE CELERY FLATS HISTORICAL AREA PREMIERING THE FIRST NEW PERFORMANCE IN FORTY YEARS ON AUGUST 6. THE HAYLOFT THEATRE IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY THE CITY OF PORTAGE.

14 comments:

pollydove said...

Okay, I have to admit, I thought those signs were going to say: Eat, Drink, and Be Married!!! I love that picture photo album idea too. We did that at my daughter's wedding 3 years ago and I still have all the pages at my house waiting to be put into the album. (I need more hours in my day!)

Those appetizers are great! It looks like a very fun hippy reception!

myletterstoemily said...

what a creative, fun, and beautiful
reception. who doesn't love pie?
or honey?

Vintage Home said...

...That is an amazing reception!...love the food!...so pretty!

It's me said...

Wowwwwww....this is all sp pretty !!...love your post....how cute all of this.......did you get my mail darling??? i send it tuesday.........happy weekend ....lots of love.....Ria.....i am in a hurry ...packed my things and leave ......hugs...

april said...

What a beautiful wedding reception. That's the way to do it! I love the favors of honey and I love the lettering on everything! Very very nice. What good wholesome memories!

Farm Girl said...

What a sweet wedding and I love the idea of wedding pies. I hope some of my kids when they get married would like to get married in a barn.
Thanks for Friday Pretties.

Gloria said...

Very sweet ending to a beautiful wedding!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo Gloria @}~`}~~~

birdie blue said...

What a beautiful wedding. Love the picture of the mother and father of the bride, they look so cute and so relaxed. The honey place cards is such a sweet idea, too.

Happy Friday pretties! Thank you for hosting every week, Joyce. It's always a lot of fun.

xo
~Molly

Sewn With Grace said...

Everything is so beautiful. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. I didn't know the history of the site and really enjoyed reading it. Have a great day!

Martina said...

What a charming event - so good if people marry from time to time ;)

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I loved seeing these photos and all the wonderful ideas. My daughter and I were just oohing and aahing all over the place :-)

Maria said...

What a lovely wedding! Pie is my favorite dessert and it would have made my day to see all those pies!!!
Great ideas here!
Have a wonderful weekend, Joyce!
~Maria

koralee said...

Wow what a wedding my friend...so fun. I love all the special touches...thanks for sharing these pretties with us all. xoxoxo

Zondra Art said...

Beautiful post!

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones