"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Celebration Weekend!!!


This weekend I am going to Chicago
With this Little Sweetheart right here-

My Wonderful Sister
&
Four other Little Sweethearts
who happen to be our cousins.
From left to right is my cousin Diana, brother Bill,
cousins Julie and Mindy and then me.
Julie and Mindy will be in Chicago with us.
Unfortunately Diana couldn't come, and Bill can't because-
No Boys Allowed!
Not that he would want to...

Mindy and I are in this picture,
but you just can't see us.

Our cousins Becky and Kelly will be there

This is an
"End of Chemo Celebration"
for Sher!

In this picture, Sherrie and Kelly
are modeling for us the
"Jan Brady" hair style.


Sherrie is, in the words of her wonderful doctor,
"Cancer free and in full Remission"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the three people who I can thank
for all these wonderful sweethearts that I
am spending the weekend with in Chicago!
I am blessed!!!

15 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Have a lovely time!

Elizabeth said...

That is so wonderful to hear!!!!
May you have a fabulous time celebrating with your family!
God is good!
Elizabeth

It's me said...

Have a great weekend darling !!!...love you !!! warm hugs from me Ria........my mother is not well......she goes back slowly......love Ria....

Martina said...

Such wonderful, wonderful news! Big hugs to you and your sis, i'll have a glass of champagne in your honor ;) Enjoy the party and celebrate! xox

A Ruffled Nest said...

Awww, I love your post, it is bittersweet.

Pinecone said...

What wonderful news! Have a great time!!
Ashlyn

Everlasting Blooms said...

YAY! Have fun celebrating! What a wonderful thing to be thankful for! And Chicago is the best place to do that! :)

pollydove said...

HURRAY!!! A wonderful cause for celebration! Have a fabulous time with your sister and cousins! These photos are so adorable! (I wanted to "BE" Jan Brady!)

Terri said...

Praise and thanks to the Great Physician!
His name is Healer!

rejoicing in the wonderful news with you all~
blessings,
Terri

P.S. I love Chicago (my hometown), especially at Christmastime!

Maria said...

Praising and smiling from over here in New York State ~ God bless your sister and all of you as you travel with JOY in your hearts ~ What a Christmas this will be*
♥ many hearts will be glad ♥

love,
Maria

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Wonderful news about your sister! Enjoy your time together. I enjoyed your sweet *old* family photos :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Gloria said...

Woohooo!!!! Awesome news about your sweet sister! :)
Have a very fun time enjoying your weekend with your sis and cousins!!

Love,
xoxo Gloria

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Have a wonderful time!!!

Leslie said...

great news. Have a great time with the girls. That is an awesome reason to celebrate.

red ticking said...

you had me at winnie the pooh... then love of family... then your faith... and of course... did i hear billy singing??? ok girl... we will be friends... xx pam

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones