"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Monday, August 2, 2010

Traditions...

Traditions
They are so important to kids.
For years, whenever I go to visit my
we take our three youngest to
D&D
which is
Dollars & Donuts.
They Love this tradition and really count on it.
A visit without D&D
would be very disappointing!

First is Donuts
so that we have extra energy for Dollars.
(Just what they need...)
Then, we cross the street to the dollar store,
where they spend their hard earned cash
on candy and crazy stuff.

Isn't it lovely?
And, so alluring...
Ha Ha

That is Sherrie. I left her in there.
There is only so much excitement
I can take in one day.
Such Fun!


These two reverted, by a couple of years,
with this purchase.
(We thought)
Later we found out, when one asked for a lighter,
that the plan was to blow these "guys" up.
Oh Boy!!!


Have you ever had one of those bizarre days when
everywhere you went you see the same strange thing?

There is a movie called "After Hours"
When I keep seeing someone,
or something unusual all day
it reminds me of that movie.
It's a weird movie,
but for some reason,
through all it's craziness,
I like it.
This was one of those moments.
I love D&D and hope that it never ends.
But, having older children,
I know that there will be that day...

So, for now, it is
Dollars & Donuts
every single time we visit!

Wanted to let you know too,
my sister Sherrie's blog,
A Ruffled Nest's address has been
Oops
been changed.
(It's a Long and Sad Story)
It is now

7 comments:

It's me said...

O so cute..your sister moment .......enjoy them......they are costly...keep them down......are you home yet?? are still by Sherrie???....happy evening.hugs from me.....Ria

Gloria said...

Traditions are a wonderful blessing for a family to share in. I am glad you were able to continue some fun ones you all enjoy! :)
Have a joyous day!
@}`~}~~~ Gloria

pollydove said...

When the kids grow up they have kids of their own ... D & D will continue!!!! :)

Silver Strands said...

LOVE that Winnie the Pooh quote! love it!
oxox
Denalee

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

It looks like you're having fun. That sounds like something my boys would do. They older ones would be helping the younger ones too :-) I'm glad you gave us the heads up about Sherrie's blog. I had to sign out of her old blog before blogger would let me change to the new one though. If I went straight from my dashboard, it said blog doesn't exist, or something like that. Once I signed out of the old and then started following in the new, it worked fine.
Blessings,
Marcia

Amanda said...

That sounds like such a great tradition! My grandma takes me shopping every year for my birthday since I was maybe about 6. It's been such a great thing. I still look forward to it every year.

Screaming Meme said...

I didn't realixze that our "boys" were about the same age...:)

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones