"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

26 Years And Counting...


My Mom and I before the wedding.


Some of the most amazing women in my life!
Read about them Here
From right to left:
My cousins Becky and Kelly, Aunt Karen, Sister Sher, My Mom, Me, Cousins Julie (in back) Lainey, Mindy and little Missy in the front. On far right my wonderful Aunt Joyce, who is my Mom's sister and whom I am named after.


Vows & Promises
To Love and Cherish
Forever

Unity
Forever

Kisses
Forever


To Leave & Cleave
Forever
Our Parents



My Family


Jerry's Family


Our Wonderful Wedding Party


Jer and I
Husband & Wife
Forever

Jerry is in there somewhere...


Twenty-six years ago today
two very young kids got married.

Those young kids,
who thought that they were Very grow-up,
were Big Jer and I.


We were 21 and 22.
Some would say that that is not so young...
We were!

And, now that I have a 21 year old
I really know how young that is.


We stood before friends, family
and most importantly, before God.
and vowed to
Love and Honor
each other.
We promised to be married until
Death.


Do 21 year old "Kids" really understand
"Until death do us part."
?


Well, through all of these years together,
all of our big and small events,
all of our unbelievable joys
and some heartbreaking trials,
we have,
By The Grace Of God,
stood the test of time.

We do not take any of these years for granted.
We are thankful, every day,
for August 11, 1984 until today.

We are even thankful for those heartbreaks,
because through adversity
strength is truly born.


To

Thank you for our life together!
I love you more now than I ever have before.



has been,
through the last couple of hard years,
a steady and compassionate
He has thought of me above himself
during several trials this year.
Trials that I could have easily drown in
if he had not been holding me up.

That is True Love.

At 21 you think that you understand love-
I say Ha Ha.

True, long-lasting enduring love takes
Time.


Jer,
Thank you for all of this
Time.
Life is very good with You!

I Love You,
J.
Here is a song someone suggested.
So sweet!

22 comments:

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Congratulations Joyce and Jer for 26 years! You don't either one look old enough. Seriously! Your wedding photos are beautiful :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Sarah B said...

Congratulations Joyce! In this day and age where relationships rarely stand the test of time it's so nice to see one that has!
Happy days Joyce!

Farm Chick Paula said...

Awwww... this brought tears to my eyes! You made such a beautiful couple! (Still do!)
Congrats to you and your Hubby, Joyce!! Hope you have many, many more wonderful years together!

It's me said...

Congratulations you two !!!! ....i have tears in my eyes today when i am reading your post !!

So nice done...so true...so real.....so you !!....

Enjoy this day make it beautiful................let the sun shine in both your hearts......as we see on the pictures !!!

Love love love .....x 26 !!! hugs from me Ria....

Lallee said...

Congratulations on twenty-six years of marriage. What a beautiful couple you are--back then and now. My husband and I were the same age when we married, now about to celebrate forty.
God's best blessings for many more!
Lallee
PS Beautiful music!

birdie blue said...

happy, happy anniversary! you and your husband are so sweet together, love the pictures. how cute are the two of you?

enjoy every minute of your day!
~molly

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Joyce!!! THANK YOU FOR VISITING ME and congratulations on this milestone...this was our 28th year of bliss....thanks to God for all the opportunities to live two lives of vision towards sucking all the marrow out of life and trying to give God the glory in return! HAVE A SPLENDID WEEK and celebrate each day...I can see you know how.....your visit is most appreciated and bless you! Anita

Tina Eudora said...

A very Happy Anniversary Joyce and Jerry and many many more!!!

Tina xo

the vintage wren said...

Congratulations to you and your hubby. Here's to many more years of wedded bliss : ). Take Care, Carrie

koralee said...

Congratulations...what a wonderful post! You got married in the same year as us!

Hugs my dear friend...see you friday for the pretties! xoxox

Gloria said...

Congratulations!!! And,,,Happy, happy Anniversary! I hope you both share in many more wedded bliss years to come...:)
Saying a prayer for you both today, that God will continue to bless your lives together.
We are coming up on our 32nd wedding anniversary in October. We were incredibly young when we got married too (17 and 19 yrs old...YIKES!). I can relate to your words so much!!
Have a beautiful day together...:)
Love,
Gloria
@}~`}~~~

pollydove said...

Oh my gosh, this is a blast from the past. What great photos! I'm so glad you shared, and what a stunning bride you were too!

I LOVE your colors! Oh my word - those bridesmaids dresses!!!! I love 'em!!! Seriously! So fun.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How fortunate for you both! xo

shari @ little blue deer said...

Oh, how sweet! I am so touched, I love being married, it's the best thing that ever happened to me! Happy Anniversary, my dear! XO!

Sewn With Grace said...

I LOVE IT ALL!!! :)

mimi said...

congratulations on 26 years!! I think you were a pretty little thing, and still are!

Rosie said...

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S...
to you two kids!!Wow 26 years...and counting...that is CrAzY wonderful girlfriend.
My dearest and I have been married for what seems like forever...and I know it seems corny to say, but it's true, I love him more and more each day.
Hoping you have a fabulous anniversary my dear...smile on...Rosie

Zondra Art said...

Congratulations!!!
Beautiful photos.
Kisses

dogsmom said...

Congratulations. You are still a young woman, maybe not a kid.

Anonymous said...

Have you heard the song "and I thought I loved you then" It's so awesome. You think you love your husband and you look back and you love him more. I love love . thanks for shring.

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Thanks Anonymous- :)
I am going to look that song up right now. Thanks for sharing it!

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

I added that song to this post. I love it!

Amanda said...

I love this SO SO much! Congratulations! Plus I'm so excited to see and hear about the hippie J Crew wedding! Oh, I got the apartment. :)

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones