"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Friday, July 16, 2010

It's My Sister's Birthday

Today is my sister's birthday!!!
Sherrie from A Ruffled Nest
is turning another year older today!
Wooooooo Hooooooo!!!!
Birthdays are a Blessing!
Dad and Mom are cut off.
My older brother Bill, me,
younger brother Tommy and Sherrie
In this picture I am holding
onto Sherrie's arms.
That is one of many examples of
my protective nature when it came to Sher.
When she was a teenager, I drove her crazy. :)
Here we are again-
Sherrie on the far left with pony tails.
(How cute and huggable is she?)
I am on the right.
You can probably recognize me from
my shocking resemblance to Marsha Brady,
at least that was the goal...

I have loved this girl from the first time I saw her!
Now, when we were younger
I may not have always been
the sweetest big sister,
especially according to Sher...
But the love has been
Deep, Protective and True.
We not only love each other as sisters,
but as Best Friends.
God has given me such an incredible gift!!!

I would have chosen her!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY
MY SWEET & WONDERFUL
LITTLE SISTER!

I Love You!!!

Please keep Sherrie in your prayers.
Things have gotten rough for her.
You can read her story Here

10 comments:

It's me said...

What a beautiful post...for a beautiful sister !!! congratulations darling...i will go to her blog of couse......i hope she feeling herself better today....wishing you a wonderful weekend ......love Ria...

paisleysandsugar said...

I have an award to share with you. Please visit my latest post.
http://www.paisleysandsugar.com/2010/07/sugar-doll.html

=)

koralee said...

Oh sweet Sherries Birthday..I will go wish her my blessings and send her my prayers. What a sweet sister you are and what a lovely post. Hugs.

xoxoxo
{I did not know you were sisters...what a blessing!}

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday to Sherry!!!!

Hi June june!
HOpe you are having a great weekend

birdie blue said...

Happiest of birthdays to your sweet little sis! I hope she is having a peaceful wonderful day.

What a wonderful big sister you are...

~Molly

myletterstoemily said...

she is so blessed to have a
sister like you. i'm afraid
i am a terrible sister.

it seems i was made to be a
great granddaughter, wife, and
mother.

i have to work at the other
relationships.

blessings on sweet sherrie, and
i am praying for her quick
recovery!

Rosie said...

Wishing your dear sister a blessed birthday...
Marsha, Marsha, Marsha...you are so cute...and how lucky is that sweet sister to have you.
I will continue praying for his healing hand upon Sherri...and comfort for your family...
.......xoxo...Rosie

Frances said...

Joyce, this is so endearing. I love your vintage photos so much. How precious. And your words about Sherrie. So moving. And beautiful. Happy Birthday, Sherrie.

Gloria said...

Happy belated birthday to your dear lil sis, Sherrie! I am praying for her.

I have a little sis too. I am 11 1/2 months older than her. Everybody thought we were twins growing up due to us being so close in age (my mom sewed us matching dresses). I was very protective of her as well. Your photos are precious...:)
((((((Joyce)))))) praying for you too.

pollydove said...

I LOVE these old photos! So vintage-y!

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones