"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Projects List...Check. Check. Check. Check. Check

A couple of months ago I had several projects on a list
that either Needed to get finished,
or that I Wanted to finish.

The first one is this full apron.
I wish that I would have taken a picture
of the whole thing, but...
I didn't.

A friend asked me if I would make this
for a bridal shower, for her friend's daughter.
No pressure or anything...
I saw a picture of the Bride-To-Be
modeling the apron at her shower.
She looked adorable.
(But she is one of those girls who
would look cute in Anything!)

The pattern I used was the
Amy Butler "Domestic Goddess" pattern.
Amy Butler - Apron Sewing Pattern - Domestic Goddess
I love this pattern and have made many
half and full aprons from it.


This is a garbage bag for a car.
I made one for me and for several friends.
They were a big hit.
Why not make garbage pretty?


This is a simple little apron.
So cute on!
My Lovely Mannequin, Nina,
was a perfect model for this apron.
She is just so confident...


Look at this custom sewn pillow case.
I got the free tutorial from
She always has so many fun projects,
Love It!
The front and the back of the pillowcase
are different fabrics.
This was suppose to have a crocheted edge.
I do crochet a little bit,but for the life of me-
I could not get it.
So, I bought this edging.
I really like it.
Is this SO cute, or what?!?


My cousin, Becky, asked me to make these
name banners for two sisters.
They were having a baby shower/birthday
sister party.
These were very fun to make.
The only thing that I may have
done differently is used black
thread to sew on the letters
so that they would show up better.

Now, on to my next projects...
I have this beautiful fabric,
but cannot decide what to make.

Any Suggestions?

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow! You go girl! Love all your finished projects! I need one of those pretty garbage bags for my car :]
Well, how about more of those cutie pie aprons with your pretty fabric!
Hope you had a nice weekend!
Elizabeth

It's me said...

Hi darling....nice things you make......wow i like that apron !! really nice....what a creative person you are.......wishing you a happy new week.....give June a bigg huge hug from my ladies..........enjoy have fun........love Ria....

Jo said...

You have been busy!
Love those garbage bags for the car ... clever.

Jo

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Oh my, your apron is STYLISH!
Your works are adorable, Joyce. Love the fabrics, colors and patterns you used.
Hope you will have a most wonderful new week. Sending one big hug your way and one big hug your sisters way. xoxoxox

Gloria said...

You do such a wonderful job on all of your sewing projects!
With the small print (dotted) fabric, a stuffed cat would be cute! For the others...pillow cases, placemats, little cosmetic bags for traveling, curtains?? the possiblities are endless...:) Have fun sewing!

Becky said...

Lovely things.I like the banners really sweet.The fabric is lovely.I like the tiny bees to cute,lol.

rebekka said...

Wow, you are really talented! Such great stuff you made!!!!

I love the new fabric...is that some Heather Bailey Nicey Jane I see? LOVE it! Wish I had some good ideas.

Maybe this? http://rosylittlethings.com/sumseatcushionpattern2.html

xx
Rebekka

Kacey said...

Love them all! You're so creative! I never would have thought of making a garbage bag for a car - and so pretty.

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones