"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Sunday, July 4, 2010

AMERICA!

I LOVE AMERICA!!!

Yes, I am one of those people who still
put their hand on their heart
when I say
The Pledge of Allegiance
or sing
The Star Spangled Banner

Yes, I get choked up and teary eyed with
Pride and Thankfulness
for this great nation!

Do I love the moral decay that I see increase
every year?
No
Or all of our decisions and/or leaders?
No
But, I do love and appreciate
what this country
was built on.

And, I am forever grateful for
the many, many
Amazing Men and Woman
who have sacrificed their own freedom,
their families,
and their lives for me.

Freedom is Never Ever Free!

So, Thanks and Honor to all
who have sacrifice for this nation!
And, I PRAY that I will never
take that for granted!!!

A special thanks to my brother-in-law, Rob,
for his service in Afghanistan last year.
Here is Rob talking to all of us
last Thanksgiving on Skype.
(from Afghanistan)

I pray that God will continue to
Bless America!!!

I hope that everyone had a fun and safe holiday!

6 comments:

Rosie said...

Hoping you had a wonderful 4th of July...and YES, may He continue to bless your beautiful country ...sending you a BIG Canadian hug and kiss...xoxo...Rosie

Elizabeth said...

Amen!
Hope you had a wonderful 4th!
Elizabeth

It's me said...

Hi darling...hope you have a wonderful 4 th of July................blessings and hugs ..............love Ria.........

dogsmom said...

Happy 4th of July.
I am praying Rob remains safe and comes home to you healthy and as soon as possible.

Duchess of Tea said...

Joyce darling hope your 4th of July celebration was loaded with fun, good food and happy family.
My prayers for your family continues darling.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Zondra Art said...

Beautiful and very interesting blog!!!
Warm regards and kisses from Croatia:)
Zondra Art

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones