"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Saturday Seconds

I spent a weekend at Sherries, back in May,
where we had visited the

Afterwards we went here. This young lady works at a really fun store in town called Moxie.
She was doing her own show
in an apartment next to her house.

She has so many fun goodies.

And, it was such a nice place to visit. If I had this available to me just next door, I would want to be here all the time.Here is our lovely Sherrie, getting ready to make a purchase.

We didn't buy much...
But, we had fun.




That weekend was so bitter-sweet. Sherrie had just received her diagnosis. We were so happy to be together, but there was a big black cloud following us around that day.


I have been back since, for a Wonderful and Hopeful doctor's appointment. The second trip was much better. And I know that life will not always be this hard.

I know that there are Sunshine Days ahead.

I KNOW that, but these cloudy days are hard.


Thank you to ALL of you sweet and compassionate bloggers who have sent messages of encouragement and prayers!

You have all helped so much!


Sherrie gets her port put in on Thursday and receives her first chemo treatment that same day.

Cards and messages have helped her so much.

If any of you would like to send her a little encouragement, please contact me and I will let you know how to do that.


"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."


Albert Schweitzer


Thank you all for all of the Love & Encouragement!!!

To read Sherrie's story, go Here

9 comments:

rebekka said...

Eek! Look at all those linens! I want to go there and shop!

It's me said...

My dear Joyce...............i will wish you all the best you know....come here.........a biggg huge hug for you......and please bring him over to Sherrie..............you all are in my prayers......also your mom......love........Ria.....

Susan said...

Looks like a wonderful place to peruse and shop!
Prayers and blessings!

Sarah B said...

It looks like a wonderful shop. I'm sending all my best wishes to Sherrie for a positive outcome :)

Jeanneoli said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day!

Bonnie said...

Fabulous little shop, and those linens, sigh, looooovely! I just purchase a little locker basket just like that this past weekend with my mom. I'm thinking about Sherrie and sending her hugs and positive thoughts. Going to go visit her blog now.

Have a beautiful day Joyce.

xoxo,

bonnie

myletterstoemily said...

oh dear, it seems like this is too much.
but, i promise, He will surround you
with grace you can't imagine.

in the meantiime, my prayer will be
for "the fullness of her days."

for your mom, i will pray, "let Your
perfect will be done."

for you, "grace, abundant grace, and
joy in the storm."

love,
lea

Erin said...

I'm so glad you got it so quickly and that you like it. I was weary about mailing necklaces. I had sold a lot in person and in my different boutiques but I wasn't sure how they'd travel. Did it make it there looking like the photos?? I would love to see some photos. Thanks again Joyce.

Elyse said...

did anyone buy that great wire basket?

i'm happy to hear about the "wonderful and hopeful" doctor's appointment.

sending thoughts of health and strength to all

xo
elyse

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones