"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Homemade Sweet Jelly & Flea Market Friday Pretties...

My oldest son came over for dinner
the other night, and had
this little pretty package in hand.

It was a fresh jar of Strawberry Jelly
from his sweet girlfriend Jess,
that she had made the night before
with her Mom!

YUM!


Look at the cute yellow ribbon!
As I always say-
Presentation Is Everything
Of course, in this case, taste matters too!
:)
Thank you Jessica & Missy!!!
I LOVE IT!


Last Saturday I participated in a
"Paris Flea Market"


Angie, the owner of the lovely store, Passiflora,asked me to set up a table and to be a part of her sale.

(If you would like to see the inside of her shop click here.

Renee from Sewn with Gracewas a guest blogger on A Ruffled Nest, and she featured Passiflora.)

The shop is a very old one-room school house
that Angie has worked diligently on
and has converted it into this
Pretty, Pretty Shop.


The market was out on the front lawn.












This was my table




Angie also sold some fresh flowers
in blue Mason jars.


Here is Angie, hard at work!





Look at the Beautiful iron garden things
that she sells.
Aren't they Gorgeous?!?



The rain held off and
it was a pleasant day at the Flea Market.

Best part, I met two really nice woman
that I may be doing a very small project with.


We will see...

Happy Happy Friday Pretties!!!

Thanks to all of the Pretty Pretty Bloggers
who have joined our little
Blog Hop!

Anyone is welcome!
Go link up.
The More the Merrier!!!

15 comments:

Sewn With Grace said...

What a fun market! Your table looked beautiful! Love all the ironwork. Have a good day!

koralee said...

Wow....I sooooo want to be there..I see so many treasures I would love to bring home..perfect for Friday Pretties. Now your jam my dear ....yummmmm....I just found out that strawberries are ready to pick in our area...can't wait. xoxoxo Happy Friday. xoxo

Amber's Notebook said...

How SWEET of your son's girlfriend! I love home made jam and jelly! And the paris flea market is too cute, I love bunting. Thanks for posting on my blog I just linked up, what a cool idea!! Thank you!

Rosie said...

oh I do want to come with Koralee! What a lovely array of Beauty was displayed...and your jam is quite fine as well...Thanks so much for spending the time to organize this little bit of fun each week ...smile on Rosie

It's me said...

How nice this market !!! amazing things!! beautiful flowers....i enjoy !!! happy friday pretties...........hugs from me..........love........

elle thornton said...

Hi Joyce - you lucky thing getting freshly made strawberry jam as a pressie. My mum made us all jam for Christmas last year and it so beats the supermarket stuff. Yum.

The market looks great fun - very dangerous for my bank balance though as it all looks so tempting. Thanks for such beautiful Friday pretties xox

PS Just to let you know I've had to change my blog from beach hut to elle thornton - more info why on my blog! I'm still playing along with your Fridays - thank you, L xox

Frances said...

Oh Joyce ... wow. I am so envious. This shop looks way too inviting. I know the temptation to buy everything must be overwhelming. How fun to see the pictures of the flea market. My sister and I went to a flea market last weekend, too, but it wasn't filled with these kinds of pretties. I surely would have lingered over your table. Love the one-room schoolhouse, too. What a beautiful place to have a shop.


The jar of homemade jelly is such a personal and sweet gift. And I agree that the way a gift is presented makes a world of difference. Love that bright yellow, sunshiny ribbon.

Thank you once again for hosting Friday Pretties and for showing us such lovely things.

Bonnie said...

What a lovely gift! I always love fresh jam and especially when it is packaged pretty. :) I love the old school house, what a wonderful place to have a market!! Your table looks fabulous and everything there seems wonderful! I hope to see whatever project you have lined up, I'm sure it will be fabulous! :)

Not sure if my blog is working yet... after my technical difficulties, I've had a couple of people say they can't click on anything and can't leave comments... I'm trying to work it out so I hope I can play friday pretties this week!

Anyway! Thanks so much for your Friday Pretties, always love it! Have a wonderful weekend!!

xoxo,
Bonnie

Cornflake said...

How lovely of Jessica! Have you shown her your post? I'm sure she'll be pleased you are so happy with her gift! :-)

Wow! I love this shop and the market so many yummy things, I wish I could have been there!!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend Joyce, filled with many more pretty little things!
xx

Silver Strands said...

Wow ... all-around pretty!
Hope you have a lovely weekend Joyce :)
oxoxo
Denalee

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet gift and homemade at that! Very Pretty! Lovely market! Your booth looked amazing! I love your little garland!
Hope you have a wonderful Friday!
Elizbeth

The Little Red Shop said...

How sweet was that gift! The shop looks wonderful too...when I was in high school, I dreamed of having a little shop in a one-room school house!

I hope that you have a lovely weekend. Thank you so much for your encouragement with my blog!

: )

Julie M.

Leslie said...

very deserving of friday pretties.. everything was so pretty.

mimi said...

What a sweet and yummo gift! The sale looks like it was alot of fun... so many wonderful things. What kind of stuff did you sell?

Debra said...

The sale looks so fun! I have been going to sales and shops lately-maybe too many! But your table looks so pretty!!Wish I could have seen it in person!
~Debra

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones