"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Come Follow

Jesus said, "Come follow me."
Matthew 4:19

This is what Frances from,
said to me today:

"The Master said, "Come follow" ... That was all. Earth's joys grew dim. My soul went after Him. I rose and followed .... that was all. Will you not follow if you hear His call?"

I've had this quote in one of my journals for a long time, Joyce. But I can't remember who said it. I love what it is expressing. The simplicity: "rise and follow". The result: "Earth's joys grew dim."

A similar thought is expressed by Samuel Rutherford: "Since He looked upon me, my heart is not mine own; He hath run away to heaven wit
h it."

How beautify worded is this?
Thank you Frances,
and I hope that you don't mind
that I added this to my post.

9 comments:

It's me said...

Happy sunday.............enjoy !

Blessings from me......Ria

trish said...

... and I am so glad I did! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Frances said...

"The Master said, "Come follow" ... That was all. Earth's joys grew dim. My soul went after Him. I rose and followed .... that was all. Will you not follow if you hear His call?"

I've had this quote in one of my journals for a long time, Joyce. But I can't remember who said it. I love what it is expressing. The simplicity: "rise and follow". The result: "Earth's joys grew dim."

A similar thought is expressed by Samuel Rutherford: "Since He looked upon me, my heart is not mine own; He hath run away to heaven with it."

Dee said...

My heart feels full of the blessings of the Lord this Sunday morning and coming to your post and seeing.." Come follow me" added more fullness that it is almost running over. I love the pretty pink tone to the road. God's way is truly beautiful!

Frances said...

Oh Joyce. I'm honored that you added the words I shared with you to your post. I'm thankful to know that the things that have ministered to my heart have ministered to yours also. I do a lot of reading, and I have always tried to copy into journals those sentences that I have found particularly moving or challenging. And it seems that I keep coming back to them year after year. They never get old and they never lose their power. Sweet Peace to you in this coming week .... Frances

Poppies and Sunshine said...

Great words! Thanks for sharing :) And I like the new picture on your header!

techranger said...

Thanks so much for your inspirational post. God bless!

Leah said...

What a cute market! Lovely blog too!

Marcie said...

I love farmers market! That jam looks amazing. My aunt makes fresh jam every year, and it is just the best!

:) Marcie

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones