"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Monday, May 3, 2010

Mopey Days and Tea Time

Big Bear Jer and I had another little mini-date at
ChocolaTea
How cute is this for advertisement?

It was a beautiful day, so we decided to sit outside.
All of the tables were taken,
but around the corner on the little balcony
was a bench with a beautiful view.

Perfect for us!

Jer contemplating which tea to choose.


Looks like he has decided,
which is not a very hard decision for him-
he always chooses the same tea.
:)

He knows what he likes!

We also shared a piece of blueberry pie.
YUM!!!
It had lots of sugar on top.
My Favorite!


Here are some pictures of our view.
Very Peaceful
Jerry knew that I was a bit mopey
and he knew that I needed to get out of the house.
This was perfect...
It was so quiet
and the pie was SO good!
A wonderful pick me up!
Aaaahhhh Jer...

Another wonderful pick me up on my mopey weekend,
well actually two pick me ups-

I won Two Give-Aways!
Yes, Two!!!

The first one was from
&
The second was from

Thank you Girls!!!
And there will be more details to come!

7 comments:

Poppies and Sunshine said...

This sounds like a great place...and yes, that is an adorable advertisement! The blueberry pie looks wonderful. It makes me want to make pie now!

trish said...

I am so glad that you had a beautiful day outdoors. My children and I (I teach Sunday School) prayed for you and your mom.
Don't forget to email me with your mailing address and I can place your bracelet and another little goody I added (it's a surprise) to your give a way winning, into the mail.
Have a wonderful week.
Sincerely ~ Tricia

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I'm sorry to read about your mom. How sweet to be taken out for tea, a pretty view and a yummy slice of pie. I hope your days have a bit of sunshine in them. Hang in there.

It's me said...

Congratulations Joyce !! two !! i never won a give away.........

Peaceful pictures.....so calm.......quiet........good for you !!

Have a nice evening hugs from Ria

Gloria said...

Hi Joyce,
I am glad you got to have a day out with your hubby, and enjoy some special treats and beautiful view together. I hope it refreshed your spirit.

Congrats on your blog wins!! :)

My prayers are with you for strength and comfort during this difficult time with your mom.
I am so sorry you are having to go through this. A verse for you: The Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones. Isaiah 49:13

(((((Joyce)))))) hugs! hang in there!
Love,
Gloria

Frances said...

Hi Joyce ... I just found your blog because of your becoming a follower on mine. What a pleasant surprise. Thank you so much. I've only read this first posting of yours but am going to spend some time looking at your older posts so I can try to know you a little. I, too, am a Christian and am always touched to find another believer's blog. How wonderful to encourage and support and pray for each other. Your photography is beautiful. I love the purplish overtones. I hope you won't mind if I put you on my blog list on my Gentletouches blog (I have two sites, one is for photography and the other is mostly spiritual quotes and hymns and songs and digital art). Sweet Peace to you ..... Frances

A Gardner's Cottage said...

I love Chocolate Tea! and I am sooooo glad you had such a sweet time! I have never sat outside before or had the pie so I'm thinking we will have to go some time soon.

I can't even imagine how hard this trial is for y'all but wanted you to know that I am praying!

Philippians 4:13

Talk to you soon.
Nancy

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones