"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Monday, April 26, 2010

Projects, Projects, Projects...

Well, I have had,
and have many projects going on.
I don't always finish one,
before I start another.
Actually, I really never completely
finish one
without starting three or more...
It's the "Curse of the Crafter"
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

This is one of my projects that I finished this week.
More about that next post...

Here is my latest -
Tomorrow I am going back
to my sewing class
and I am going to make this
FUN
Field Bag & Tote by Amy Butler.

This is the fabric that I chose.
I can't wait to make it!
And bonus,
I am going to learn how
to do piping.

A new life skill...

I also have some Major Yard Work to do.
The weeds are overtaking my yard already,
and the trees and flower are barely blooming!
I bought brand new equipment
to inspirer me to get to work.
I hope it works-
I hope I get inspired!


I have a little table that I need to paint,
and I thought that this color would be fun.
It's called "Blue Spa".



This is a Janet Hill picture that I need to have framed.
So pretty...


Here are three "Garden Girl" aprons,
that Nina is modeling for me today,
that I have actually finished,
and I have even sold one!

A special thanks to Glow'in Girl
for her suggestion of the name Nina
for the "Girl friend"
(Check out my post "Mission Accomplished" to hear the story of Nina...)

The "Garden Girl" apron could also
be the "Crafter Girl" apron.



So-
There are my projects.
They make me happy because
I am a Crafty Girl at heart...
I just can't stop myself!

15 comments:

Poppies and Sunshine said...

Love that fabric you have picked out for your next project. The apron is so cute...good idea!

Birdies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

My name is Jo and I too and cursed by many a crafts {just ask my husband!} that are started and left for something else before returning.

Love the fabric you picked out for your sewing project.

You can never have enough aprons ~ I now need a crafting apron!

Jo

A Gardner's Cottage said...

Great job on all the bags they are ALL soooooooooo cute! Love the paint color for the table. Hope you and Renee enjoy the class tomorrow!

Tina said...

I love all of your projects and you aprons are soooo cute!! I can;t wait to see your new Amy Butler bag - have fun at sewing class! ~ Tina xx

Small Burst said...

I love that field bag, love the fabric you chose, love the aprons!

GlowinGirl said...

Nina is stylin' today! ;) I love naming things. Need me to name any more?

I'm not a big crafter, but I can relate to how you feel about crafts to how I feel about books. I have a huge stack and sometimes go back and forth because I just can't decide!

Bonnie said...

I completely understand what you are talking about!

I have so many different projects going on at once... I'll start one then get inspired to do another and then ohh that is such a pretty color that I could paint my table... oh and flowers in the garden would be such a nice welcome... see I could go on and on. :)

LOVE the aprons. I like all the pockets to hold goodies while you work, functional and chic. LOVE it!

You really should think of opening up your own etsy shop or something similar. You've got a great idea and I'm sure people would love to buy one of your aprons. I know I would! :)

Have a lovely day!

xoxo,
Bonnie

PS sorry so late in commenting, I really appreciate all of your sweet comments. Time slips away so easily sometimes. I am in the market for buying a home, but my husband isn't quite ready yet. Sooo we will probably be renting for a little while longer still. :)

Gloria said...

Beautiful projects! I love the fabrics you have selected. I will be anxious to see your finished bag!

I am cursed with that same thing,,,too many projects to count usually! But hey, it keeps a person happy and healthy I believe. It is good to use the talents God has given you!

Have a happy day! :)

Sewn With Grace said...

I'm exhausted now looking at your to do list. I know mine is equally as long. We have been having fun though, haven't we? Love Nina, what a great name for her!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

You are one busy lady! Wow, three aprons, a painting projects, some bags. Do you sleep? (I was up at 4:30 am sewing away this morning -- so I can relate).

Dee said...

Love your talent and crafty heart. Your to do list is inspiring...I need to get busy. That is going to be one grand tote. I really like your fabric choice.

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Yes, I know just what you mean. I have 3 projects on my desk right now in process and three on the cutting table. It is a sickness, but one I don't want to be cured of.LOL.
Loved seeing all your in process projects and your finishd aprons are great. You are so lucky to have such an attractive model.
Just adore the fabric for your purse. Looking forward to seeing the results of all theres thing.s

Run Lori Run said...

You are ambitious! My weeds are getting out of hand too over here, need to get outside if it ever stops raining!

the vintage wren said...

Ooh, I love those little aprons. Those surely could come in handy when working on projects....I can never find my scissors. Great fabric choices too. : ) Carrie

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones