"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pecking Away...


I went to my second class at Quilts Plus today.


I was hoping that I would get
more accomplished on my bag
than just this...
But, that's the way it goes.
It's like painting something,
the prep takes a long time.


So, I hope that I don't run into any snafu's.
But, my very patient instructor, Amber,
told me that I can come in anytime,
and she would talk me through it.

Amber is on the left,
and on the right is my buddy
(Sewn With Grace)


I can't help it-
I love the thread displays.
I know that there are others out there
who feel the same way-
I've seen your blogs.
Everyday I am going to peck away
at my many projects.
I am hoping that the pressure of
putting this out into the cyber world
will push me to finish all
of my projects!

I will let you know...

12 comments:

Sewn With Grace said...

Hi friend! I'm over here pecking away at mine today. Want to finish my bag too? :)

It's me said...

It looks good !! your quitts class..................happy evening hugs from Ria and big hug for June !!

Gloria said...

It looks cute so far! :)

I DO believe putting projects out there in blogland help serve as a motivator to most of us to finish them! Good luck, and happy sewing!

Our Porch in Hillsborough said...

Love your bag and the pics of the threads! I shudder to think of my bag of unfinished projects . . . maybe Gloria is right and I should put them on my blog to motivate me.
Have a great end-of-the-week,
Leah

Cornflake said...

I love looking at all the different coloured threads when I'm perusing the aisles of craft shops.

I just love rainbows and bright colours! Good work with the bag :-)

FEDERICA said...

Thank you so much for you kind comment on my previous post.
xoxo

House Queen said...

Just found your blog...and girl...so glad I did! I am so jealous that you can sew! Check out my blog post today for a clever way to organize fabrics! Oh...and I love thread displays too...don't know why! Hope you are having a fabulous day! I am following you now!!!

Farmgirl Paints said...

What an accomplishment...learning how to quilt. I collect them and maybe someday I'll learn to do something like that. Good for you!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

There is a lot of prep work that goes into quilting. I appreciate that! And there is something so pretty about all those threads lined up. It is inspiring.

Dee said...

Prep work is so important to the out come...the threads are so pretty...I do not sew but I do needle punch. Have fun the bag looks great so far.

Run Lori Run said...

I love thread displays too. And nail polish displays for the same reason!

I am getting ready to take a quilting class too, should be fun...

Amanda said...

I'm glad you feel that way about thread displays, too. :) Good job having patience in your sewing class! I am no where near that patient.

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones