"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Makes Laundry day Fun!

Hello Blogger Friends!!!

I thought that today I would share a project with you that is a great gift for the special graduates in your life.
Tis the season...

This is a laundry bag.
I call it the
"Makes Laundry Day Fun Bag"

It's Alicia Paulson's pattern,
but I have taken the pattern and customized it for different people.
I have changed it a little here and there,
and altered the size according to the gift.

A little smaller, and it can also be a really cute toy bag.

Here are a few of the steps-

I forgot to take pictures while I was making the lining
and the draw string.
Sorry...

But, here is the finished bag!
The ruffles are a little time consuming but,
Oh so cute!!!
This one turned out a little long.
I'm not quite sure why,
Ha Ha,
But, here it is.


I decided to put a little twist on this one.
Instead of all of the little pleats, I put one big ruffle on.
It is a simpler, less fussy look.
It so depends on who you are making it for.
Some girls love lots of color and ruffles, and some love simplicity.
I personally love them both.
(Does that sound braggy? I hope not...)
I just LOVE how the lining makes each bag so special too!
It is such a fun gift to make.
Last year I made several for some very special girls.
I have heard from almost everyone of them that they use their bags every laundry day.
That makes my heart soooooo happy!!!

Here is Alicia's book
"Stitched In Time"
There are MANY cute projects in this book!

Alicia, I hope that you don't care that I put you book on my blog.
Bloggers, what are the rules about this?


I also just bought Martha's new book.
FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
Does anyone think that Martha will care?

ALSO,
It is not too late to s sign up for my Give Away!
I will be drawing a name out of a hat on
April 10th for the
The Ooh-La-La Bag!

Go a couple of posts down,
to the "Ooh- La-La Bag Give Away" post,
leave a comment,
and you are in!

10 comments:

trish said...

What an adorable set of bags. Thanks for the idea! I have that book on my amazon want list, so will need to bump it to the top. :o)
Have a wonderful day.
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Small Burst said...

I love these laundry bags. I had one in college and used it quite often-lugging it back and from my apartment to my parents' house. Great grad gift idea!

It's me said...

So nice these laundry bags !! i love it..........have a wonderful day and give june a big hug from me and you too...............enjoy !

Dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Tablescaper said...

Great bag! Don't think anything can make laundry day better though.

- The Tablescaper

Tina said...

What gorgeous bags, they are so cute! I love the fabrics you have used and the ruffles are so sweet! I am sure my girls would each love on of these:) Thanks for sharing the book title, I will be putting that on my wishlist now! Wishing you a wonderful day ~ Tina x

Lisa said...

This is a great project! Too bad I don't sew.LOL! I'm am in awe of you gals who do.:)

Beverly said...

Another book for my list of must haves. Thanks for sharing that bag. I can see how versatile it could be.

Jo said...

My mother made me a pink plaid laundry bag with my initials on it when I went away to church camp ~ thanks for the reminder.

These bags are great ~ love the color choices.

Jo

Cynthia said...

Oh my goodness I love your blog :) That was a great project. Turned out perfect! What awesome books too. I don't have any sewing books but now I want some :)

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones