"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Clarifications...

Hello fellow bloggers-

This is a clarification post.

I am not a chicken owner.

The egg with the "twins" in it,
from my previous post,
was just a plain'ol egg from the grocery.

I wish that I had chickens in my back yard,
But I don't.
AND
I did not throw the eggs away.
I just fed them to unsuspecting family members.
:)

That is the end of the clarifications.

Now,
I am going to move on to tell you about
She just posted such a nice thank you on her blog
to me for the Ooh-La-La Bag that she received this week.
Thanks Gloria!

(Pictures from urbanchickens.org)

6 comments:

Beach Vintage said...

It would be nice though wouldnt it...to own chickens...I dream about it one day...

trish said...

They sure are fun to own! :o) Your first picture looks like one of "our girls". :o)
I went to visit Gloria's blog and so thankful that I did. What a lovely place to go!
Have a great day!
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Bella said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I really enjoyed getting a chance to look around yours; I just loved your post about your son - how sweet. And I like your quotes, too. Blessings to you!
~Bella

Gloria said...

Hi Joyce! You are welcome for the "Thank You" post! My pleasure, indeed!!!! Thank you again for the beautiful bag...:) And...for mentioning my blog here too. You are so thoughtful to do that! :)

Aren't chickens so cute! I would love to have fresh eggs from them. I am not so sure about cleaning up after them though??? :)

Have a blessed day!!!!!

Jeanne said...

Hi.. What a beautiful blog you have. A happy place:)
Thanks for your message on my blog today.
All the best
jeanne

Cynthia said...

Haha! Well here is the story I was going to share with you.

When I was about 5 or 6 years old I had watched an episode of Reading Rainbow about how chickens are born. All I remember was hearing that the eggs had to be kept really warm. I wanted one of those cute little chicks! So... I went into the fridge when my mom wasn't looking and got an egg out of the fridge and took it to the hall closet where the extra blankets were kept... and stuck the egg in the middle of those blankets! I don't remember what happened. I'm sure my mom must have been really confused by the egg in between some blankets and I'm almost certain the was never a baby chick in our closet :) Haha just thought I'd share that since we were sharing our "egg" stories! It still makes me laugh to this day. I think I'll call my mom and tell her about the egg in the blankets!! haha She has a bad memory though so she probably won't even remember :)

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones