"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bright Idea...

Renee, from Sewn With Grace, & I had a bright idea...
that turned out to be
Quite Bright
&
Quite Fun!!!
We decide to go to a local quilt shop called Quilts Plus
and take a class together.
The teacher there told us about
the Amy Butler "Messenger Bag"
and that it was a very challenging project.
Well Renee and I decided that we were up for the challenge,
and signed up, on the spot, before we lost our courage!
The class is two consecutive Tuesdays from 10:00-3:00.
Thankfully the teacher had suggested
cutting everything out before class.
I am so glad that she did, because it took three hours!
And, she told us that that is fast!
Like I said...
Challenging!

So, we bought all of the things that we needed,
did our prep work the night before,
and Tuesday morning I filled up
my wonderful Amy Butler craft bag.
(I didn't make this little gem, but Oh I love it!)
And off we went!
Oh, yes, I almost forgot...
we had breakfast before class,
with lots and lots of coffee,
priorities you know-
Then off to class.

Very F-U-N!

I will blog more about that, but today I wanted to show you some things that we found during our lunch break at a little florist a couple of doors down.

Before you enter, please take a very deep Sniff...
It smells soooo good in here!
Enjoy!










More about our bags soon...

7 comments:

It's me said...

o MY GOSH..............can you make such a beautiful bag for me my darling??? i love it...............!!

And beautiful flowers you bring in today.........but i am free today !!! please no flowers on my day off!!! hahahahhhahh!! lol lol lol !!!

Give that little June a big hug from me..and you also and enjoy your day !! bye!

trish said...

Thanks for bringing us along to the florist. Nothing compares to fresh flowers in the spring.
How much fun for you and Renee to be attending the purse class! I can hardly wait to see what the two of you create and hear your stories and whether or not you would encourage us to take on such a complicating project ... smile!! :o)
Have a great day.
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Barbara said...

thanks for showing us this beauty, and love that tote bag, such fun and pretty. Hugs Barbara

Gloria said...

It is always so much more fun to take a class with a friend! I can't wait to see your finished bag!

Pretty flowers and bags!! Thanks for sharing...:)

Beverly said...

I could almost smell the fresh cut flowers. Can't wait to see your bags. I have seen that pattern and liked it.

Sewn With Grace said...

Could not, would not, should not take a class like this without you dear friend. A few days since class and I'm still wondering how I made what I did!

Tina said...

Oh I love that Amy Butler bag (ok I love ANY Amy Butler bag)! How much fun for you be doing the class together, I can't wait to see the end product. Have lots of fun ~ Tina xx

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones