"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Babies Grow Up Fast...

My middle son who,
when he was little was nick-named Slabs,
is turning 18 today!
How can this be?
My little baby?
A tall, strong manly "Man"?
How can time possible go so fast?








Well, this is my day to brag about my Amazing Son!
So, here I go...

18 AMAZING THINGS THAT I LOVE AND ADMIRER ABOUT MY SON

"Slabs" is-
1. AMAZING!
2. Fun
3. Smart
4. Hard Working
5. Kind
6. Athletic
7. A Risk Taker
8. Funny
9. Very Social
10. Creative
11. Adventurer
12. Loyal
13. Keeps His Word
14. Loves His Brothers
15. A Good Son
16. Loves Deeply
17. Has A Great Smile & Laugh
Last, but certainly not least-
18. He Loves God

I truly don't wish to be back in that stage of life, because I really like this stage,
but I would love to hold my sweet little baby boy one more time,
and then he can go back to being the angular, tall, strong "Man" that he is.

Enjoy everyday and every stage in your life.
Don't miss a single moment waiting for, or mourning, a certain time.
Someone very wise once told me that there is one thing in life that is a
For Sure-

That things Change.

That is good and bad.

Bad News-
If things are great, enjoy because things change.

Good news-
If things are bad, hold tight, because, for sure things change.
Life will be good again.

ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY
even the hard times, because God promises Joy in the Morning!

"Sons are a heritage from the Lord,
Children a reward from Him."
Psalm 127:3

(Thanks for the idea Duchess)

15 comments:

Summer said...

HELLO JOYCE , IT'S A HAPPY AND SAD TIME WHEN WE SEE THAT OUR SONS ARE GROWING UP .......I ALWAYS THINK OF HOW BLESSED I AM BECAUSE WHEN OUR KIDS WWERE GROWING UP MY ONE GIRLFRIENDS SON PASSED ONTO THE LORD (HE WAS SIXTEEN AND MY SON WAS 19 ) AND MY SONS BEST FRIEND AS WELL WENT ON TO BE WITH OUR LORD ( THAT WAS A HARD TIME FOR MY SON AND FROM THAT HIS FAITH GREW STRONGER BUT NOT AT FIRST ..... SO HUG YOUR BOY AS I WILL HUG MINE THIS WEEKEND WHEN WE GO TO VISIT HIM ( HE IS 28 ) TELL HIM I SAID HAPPY BIRTHDAY & THAT JESUS LOVES HIM !!

Free Pretty Things For You said...

love that verse!

It's me said...

Hello Joyce......congratulations !! 18 !!


But i don't understand.......your profile says that you are 25..ande mother of three sons ??

Tell me..or is my english so bad that i read other things that you wright !!???

Happy weekend enjoy this day !! hugs from me.........

It's me said...

Hhahahahahhahhahah!!!!!


lol lol lol !!!

HUGS FROM ME..............

The Ruffled Nest said...

I can't believe our Sethy is 18 the years go so fast!!!!
I love this post but it made my cry.

Sherrie

myletterstoemily said...

what a fine young man you have!

well done, mom.

Small Burst said...

Awww. cute photos. I'm trying to savor every moment with my little ones and wish I could bottle up their innocence and wonder and pure enjoyment in life.

Unknown Mami said...

Beautiful post! Happy birthday to your son. Very wise advice you give.

Gloria said...

What a great tribute to your son! Happy Birthday to him, and may God bless his life with His love & power to keep up the "good" fight!

The b&w photo of him splashing away in the pool was so cute!

Love the bit of advice here too...:)
God bless you, and may you have a happy weekend!

Dee said...

Happy Birthday to your son. What a handsome fella he was and yes the days fly by.I am thankful the Lord gave us memories to carry in our hearts. As we say good bye to the child we enter an exciting world with them as adults.

A Gardner's Cottage said...

Happy Birthday S.!

Our Porch in Hillsborough said...

What a great tribute to your son. Enjoy the birthday celebrations!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Happy Birthday Slabs! Enjoy your Day.................Eat Cake.~Cheers Kim

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Such a wonderful tribute to your son on his 18th birthday. Yes, time goes so fast. My three boys were just baby's yesterday. But I enjoyed mine at each stage and it was a blessing seeing each one becoming a man. Enjoy the day and all that is to come.

Duchess of Tea said...

Oh! Joyce darling they do grow up fast, a bit too fast. Luv, thanks so much for borrowing my idea, this is a huge compliment for me. Judging from your list, he is an amazing young man. I think a man does not grow up as such unless he has an incredible mother to lead the way! You had a lot to do with him turning out the way he did. I raise my teacup and take my tiara off to you darling. Happy Birthday to your handsome son, may he enjoy a long, healthy, happy and wealthy life.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones