"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nana's Home Shopping...From Generation to Generation

My husband"s "Nana" was pretty much house bound it the later years of her life, but that did not stop her from shopping!
We received some pretty interesting gifts from Nana because Nana favorite place to shop, was of course,
The Home Shopping Network!!!

Lately, I have felt like Nana, because I have been in shopping mode. Not T.V. shopping mode. Something much more dangerous-
The Internet
Scary!!!

That moment when you open the mail box and there it is-
an envelope filled with some sort of wonderful that was ordered, and the best moment yet, forgotten about.



Or, when that UPS guy comes CHARGING up the walk, package tucked securely under his arm, he rings the bell, and sprints back to his package-filled, big, brown truck- because there are many packages to deliver!

Those moments can be such a highlight of any day!

Well, I had TWO, yes, TWO of those moments last week.

So thrilling!

First, a package that I was expecting, but it came much faster than I thought it would. It was filled with this beautiful fabric.

Oh My!!!

Project Time...
Then, when I thought what I ordered was going to take awhile, because it was back-ordered, showed up out of the blue, well-

Happiness!!!

Such a bright spot, to what turned out to be a harder day than I had expected.

How cute are these lamb post cards?!?


It really is the simple things in life that can make us happy!

I hope that "Ewe" all have a wonderful day!!!
Hee Hee
I purchased the lamb cards from
Stitched on the Farm.
She has Many Many wonderful items for sale.

13 comments:

The Ruffled Nest said...

I love your purchases!! I hope you are planning on making something for your little sis out of that beautiful fabric!!

Sewn With Grace said...

Oh my goodness, I feel like a sugar addict that just got my fix! Fun, fun, fun!

Mummy Boo Bear said...

What yummy fabric you have. My eyes do not know where to look first. Its not lady like to drool though is it. lol.

Those lamb cards are just so sweet. How adorable.

Hope you have a lovely rest of the week.


MBBx

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Joyce,
I was just at Elyse's leaving a comment and saw your blog title and thought that sounded cute so I wandered over here. What a delightful blog you have. Interesting posts and lots of eye candy...I'll be back to see what you make with that yummy fabric. The lamb cards are adorable...I take it you collect lamb/sheep items. Love your big one by the fireplace. Billy Joel is singing Lullabye..think I'll stay until it's over...it's my favorite BJ song. Nice to meet you!
(another) Joyce

myletterstoemily said...

oh, i love the fabrics! such beautiful prints and colors.

but those lambs are to die for!

lucky you!

blessings,
lea

Beverly@ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Whatever are you going to make with that beautiful fabric? Lambs with sweaters....so cute.

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Several of you have asked what I am going to make with the fabric- but I can'r share that info yet...It's hush, hush
There will probably be a whole post about it in the future though, hopefully sooner rather than later.
I've got to go- I have some work to do! :)

Amy said...

The UPS man is my favorite man to see (next to my husband, of course) :)

Stopping by from SITS.

Amy

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

I just found you on SITs and became a follower because I,too, love pretty little things! :-)

Love the fabric and how it matches your blog exactly! (Kinda like my cupcakes on my food blog!)

I also love that you hubby found that tea shop for you. That's the kind of thing my husband does too. He found that there was a hidden scrapbooking/stamping store in this little town near us and he went right in and got information for me (when they're open, class schedules, and even a free pen!). I thought that was so sweet and thoughtful!

Judy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning. After my soggy, soppy start today, your comment lifted my spirits!

Double Wide Mom said...

The lambs and the fabric are gorgeous! I guess I'll have to start ordering fabric online since Walmart just closed their fabric dpt. and that was the last place in town that carried any. ;(

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

What wonderful fabric! Love the choices! Congrates on winning a giveaway!

Hugs,
Maryjane

D-lyn said...

Love the fabrics What are they? Names... designers...

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones