"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Apronisms

Here's a funny story...

I know that I just posted this picture on my last post,
but I thought that re-posting it would be a good idea because I have had a few comments about it, and I just wanted to clear something up. :)
A friend of mine, who reads my blog,
came over to my house yesterday.
She looked up on my mantle and saw my Apronisms book on it.
She started laughing because she thought that it was a full size book,
when in reality it is a little miniature book.

Some of the "Apronisms" in this darling little book need to be shared.

"There is more to life than increasing its speed."
-Mahatma Gandhi

"Wearing an apron is just good sense."

"In the world of aprons, there's no such thing as too much rickrack."

"Smile when you answer the phone.
Your listener can hear a smile a thousand miles away."

"Fear not letting go the apron strings."
"Sometimes the best way to hold on to something is to let it go."

"If your pie crust won't stick together, make cobbler instead."

"A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety."
-Aesop

"Happiness is good health and a bad memory"
-Ingrid Bergman
(My personal favorite)
My beautiful cousin Becky brought me this little treasure when she came to visit last weekend.
At Christmas she had asked me to make some aprons for her sister's.
So, there you go-
That is our apron connection.

THANK YOU BECKY!!!

10 comments:

GlowinGirl said...

I can't remember a thing! That explains it!

And I love cobbler. :)

Becky said...

Oh, Joyce, that is so funny ... interesting how deceiving a picture can be. :o)

The quotes you shared are so inspiring ... I needed to read those today! Thanks for sharing!

Love and miss you so much!

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Oh, it's my beautiful cousin Becky! When are you going to start a blog girl?
I LOVE that little Apronisms book. One of my fav gifts ever. :)
MISS YOU GIRLS!!!

-*-Megan-*- said...

Hi Joyce..I stumbled across your blog and love the quotes..and the apron book!! Have a wonderful day!!!

Ann Tatum said...

I finally got by to see your blog. I love the apron book... or should I call it a booklet? :-) And I love the spoon stuck in a potted plant a few posts back. Did you make that? I was thinking about trying it. I have a lot of old single spoons around that I could try it on.

Thanks for visiting my blog!!! Come by anytime:
http://KeepinUpWithTheTatums.blogspot.com

Ann

BTW, my mil is always cold, too. Someone we didn't even know brought us a bed for her yesterday along with some fleece shirt/jackets! What a blessing!!!

Gracefully Vintage said...

Hello, & thanks for visiting & becoming a follower, makes me so happy.. Totally love creating, you are so right there is such satisfaction in doing so, even if you are the only one who see's your creation. LOVE the Apron book-such great quotes--LOVE them all, especially the smile the person on the other end can tell.. Your blog is great-I love aprons, i love trying to find new ways to make them-design or emblish them.
Look forward to following your creativity..
Karryann

ohjoh said...

Hi Joyce - love your book it's divine!.
To answer your question re mkt vs etsy, I find markets much better for me. Etsy is fabulous but its SO big my aprons get lost in there. Markets are labour intensive - also fun and you meet some lovely people. Must give the etsy thing an overhaul and a proper go at some stage...
Good luck with yours - your aprons are very sweet.
Jenny

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

You made some beautiful pictures! The book looks great. Have a sunshine-filled week!

Gypsy Daisy said...

Hey Joyce! Im lovin the quotes! And Im also loving the aprons in your previous post! Did you make them? I especially like the one with lots of ruffles!

Also thanks for stopping by my blog! I am now a follower of yours!

tara said...

Hi Joyce!! thank you for coming over to my little space in this huge world, your comment made me smile so big! I love all of these little sayings there sure is something to be said for those little quotes that you remember and embrace during the day! thanks for sharing! Happy Monday to you~

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones