"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gifts for Mom

Some of you, who have followed my blog, know that my Mom is living at our house because of an illness.
I have some wonderful, dear, sweet, loving friends who have not only been a friend to me, but have also become wonderful friends to my Mom.
One of my dearest friends, Debbie. made this warm, fleece,
cupcake blanket for my Mom.
She is always cold these days, so it has been used everyday!
The bonus is that it matches my house perfectly! :)
Debbie and her husband, Gentleman Farmer Paul, have chickens.
So, we also received these BEAUTIFUL green and brown eggs
straight from their back yard.

And, one more amazing gift was given-

Honey from their beehives!

Are these people amazing?
This honey is coveted by many, and we got a jar!

So, the blanket is used everyday-

The eggs have been eaten-

And, the honey is on her toast every morning.

Check out her face-
Do you think that she likes her gifts?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU
DEBBIE & PAUL!!!
>

12 comments:

Elyse said...

aw, such sweet and heartfelt gifts! they sound like a nice Rx for your mom.

wishing wellness to all

xo
elyse

The Ruffled Nest said...

Mom looks so cute in this picture. When I am sick I want Debbie and Paul to cme and visit me!!!!

Sewn With Grace said...

I love this picture of your Mom, she looks so cute in her pink jammies! Love that smile!

Summer said...

just what the doctor ordered!! the gifts she received are like comfortgifts just like comfortfoods

Denise said...

your blog is delightful. love the cheery colors.

Mummy Boo Bear said...

What a pretty blanket. And such generous friends.

Your mum looks really happy with her gifts. Hope she gets better soon.

And of course I would give your lovely blog a shout out on mine. You have such pretty things on here!

Take care.


MBBx

GlowinGirl said...

How sweet! I love all those gifts, and it looks like your mom does too. Cheery things make us feel better -- as does knowing we're loved! :)

tori said...

They have chickens now too? All I want to know is, does Paul have a "chicken suit"?

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Ha Ha Not that I know of, but if he does- I would not be surprised!
Boy, that is quite a word picture, isn't it?

Midday Escapades said...

Wow, wee your mom looks very happy. What sweet friends you have.

p.s. Your blog is also very inviting. Thanks for visiting from SITS. I am now following you. See you tomorrow for my special Friday Follow!

Gracefully Vintage said...

Ok had, to comment again, Is that a pic of your home on the right side, with staircase-yellow walls.LOVE it.. My home is yellow- and dark wood floors.
LOVE it, as well as your ruffled apron.
Karryann

trish said...

This is a sweet post and your mom looks so happy with her special gifts. What a blessing to have such good friends to love your family like this. :o) God is so good.
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones