"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Pretties!!!

Five dollars worth of joy from the grocery store.
I don't have to send a lot of money to have things in my life that make me happy
.
Flowers will always do the trick!!!

I definitely have a thing for wreaths.
I have an overabundance of them
inside and outside of my home.
I really have to watch myself to not overdo in this area.
This a a little outfit that I sold at a show that my sister , friends and I did at my home last November.
I did not make the dress, but did knit the little sweater.
It is sometimes very hard for me to part with something that I have made,
especially if I have knit it, because there is so much time and effort put into it.
So, I priced it a little high, almost hoping that it wouldn't sell.

It did-

And, the lady who bought it was SO excited about buying it for her granddaughter
that it gave me nothing but joy!

I took this is a picture in a little store that I always visit
when I am at my sister's house.

A fabric chain.
Isn't it the cutest?

I didn't buy it because, like all good crafters,
I hate to buy something that I could make.

"Have you made it?", you ask...

O.K.-

No, not yet, but I am going to.
Yes, really I am...

If I do I will post about it.

It is such a great way to use up scraps.
If any of you make one, will you let me know?

You could be my inspiration.

9 comments:

McVal said...

I'm loving that fabric chain! I did a close up on the picture. Is each piece attached as a circle with velcro? Or is it all sewn together? I'm assuming each piece has some stiffer interfacing...
That looks like an awesome idea for some Christmas presents for next year! I don't knit. But that sweater is so cute! I wish I did!

koralee said...

I am so like you..give me some $5 flowers and I am happy beyond words. Your sweater is adorable! Thanks so much for visiting me the other day. xoxo

The Ruffled Nest said...

I was just in that little shop today! And are good old stand by Megan Morrisons. I think that the fabric chain should be our next sister project together:)

Debra said...

I've been busy with stuff and now I'm catching up on my fav blogs...Loved reading about the tea shop...the fabric under the sheep cards sent me spinning....I LOVE it.... And I also want to make some fabric chains. What a sweet idea.
Your sweater is beautiful!!
Love, Debra

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello my darling, looks like you and I are cut from the same cloth, like you, I have a thing for wreaths. I have them all over my cottage and can’t leave without them.

Darling, thanks so much for the kind comment you left on my blog, you are a good friend. I am delighted that you liked my post idea. My son loved it, he read it with teary eyes, a lovely moment of mum and son. Luv, do copy the idea, no matter how manly they are deep down they are kids at heart and love to hear appreciation, acknowledgement and love. When is his birthday and will you post if on your blog, I would love to read it if you do. Have a lovely weekend my friend.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Unknown Mami said...

I love the sweater that you made. My daughter would look adorable in it!

Summer said...

that little dress is soooooooooo darn adorable ..... it would perfect on my grandaughter ..... and the fabric chain what a unique idea i am getting started on one after i blend my teas and make my granola and run my sweeper and visit my dad and go grocery shopping ..... well i really should try my hand at it before our big red barn sale

myletterstoemily said...

lovely sweater!

the fabric chain is pretty amazing, too.

bet you can do it...

Sewn With Grace said...

What a wonderful post, I hope I get to visit that shop with you sometime!

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones