"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Monday, March 22, 2010

Dirty Work

Two out of three of my boys are working at a greenhouse for a few weeks helping the greenhouse get ready for their season.
I love it because it is dirty, hard work, which is PERFECT for strong, able-bodied, young men!
I really, really believe that kids need to work.
It gives them, not only their own money, but also it gives them a sense of "ableness".
They realize that they can do way more than they think!
My oldest stopped by for lunch the other day,
well, o.k., everyday...
(I love it!)
and this was his outfit.
CUTE!

I don't think that they will ever look at plants or flowers the same again!

My Mom is now living with us because of health issues.
Lots of friends have brought her flowers to brighten her days.
It feels like Spring in my house now!
PRETTY!!!
I LOVE FLOWERS!!!
HAPPY, HAPPY SPRING!!!

6 comments:

Summer said...

I PURCHASED A FEW POTS OF TULIPS AND IRIS' ON SATURDAY AND MY GRANDAUGHTER AND I ALSO PLANTED SOME MOONFLOWERS FROM SEED .... I SO L O V E SPRING !!BY THE LOOKS OF YOUR PICTURES I THINK YOU DO AS WELL !

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

I agree about your boys. Mine had paper routes and helped me do country woodworking for Craft Fairs. Working with plants this time of year is the best.
I hope you start an Etsy shop. I love your apron and other things you have done.
I have been thinking about doing the same. Just haven't had time to figure it out.
If you have any input, let me know. I think after Easter, it will be high on my list.

GlowinGirl said...

Those hyacinths really make me long for spring! My mom always had some in her flowerbeds (and still does), and when I see and smell them, I'm taken back to childhood. There's just something special about them . . . thanks for sharing!

Mummy Boo Bear said...

Lots of lovely pretty flowers! I love flowers they really do make a house a home!

I have been buying bunches and bunches of daffs at the mo. They are very resonably priced here in the uk at the mo. And I have had a few tulips.

I want to grow some of my own cutting flowers in the garden this year. And maybe tentatively grow a few of our own produce too. Its a big thing for us as we know nothing about it. But it should be fun learning!

I agree it is a good thing kids of all ages should have work or jobs to do. My eldest is only six but she has a couple of little jobs she has to do to earn her pocket money. It does her good I think.


MBBx

GlowinGirl said...

Joyce -- I read your comment on my post and lifted you up in prayer. If you'd ever like for me to pray for you specifically, feel free to email me. My address is on my page under My Mailbox.

In the meantime, I'm glad God's Word was a comfort and encouragement to you today. It's Life to me!

Andrea said...

Those flowers are all so lovely! I bet it smells good around your house!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! My husband grew up in Michigan. Most of his family has moved to Texas now, but we still have a couple of relatives in Paw Paw!

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones