"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Birthday Pampering Time

As some of you know ,who follow my blog, that my Mom is living with me.
Last year she found out that she had the dreaded "C" word,
a word that her and I don't like to say.

She had a major surgery, and a try at chemo, which was very bad for her.
It is at the point now where there is no good option for treatment.
So, here we are.
The doctor suggested Hospice,
and that is what she has decided to do.

My sister, Sherrie, came last weekend with her family.
Sunday they all left except her,
and my family is in Florida for the week,
so it was just us three girls.

My Mom's birthday is coming up, so we decided that we should treat her to a pedicure.

Her first one Ever!!!

She doesn't have a lot of energy, so we thought that this would be a perfect activity for all of us to do together.

It was!

She loved it!
And, she has very pretty pink toenails!!!

Such FUN!
She loved being pampered , and wants to do it again!

Here is Sherrie enjoying her pampering.


The finished product!
Such a wonderful, fun day!!


AND, today these BEAUTIFUL flowers arrived for me!
Yes, me-
I feel like a little kid I love them so much!
My buddy Renee, that you all know from
sent them to me
"Just Because"

So Sweet...
Thank you Renee,
Oh...and she made me dinner!!

What a gal...


"Casting all your care upon Him,
for He cares for you."
I Peter 5:7

14 comments:

Kali said...

What a gorgeous smile your Mom has!
The treat you all shared sounds just perfect, and those pretty toes look lovely.
Beautiful flowers too :)
Sending my best wishes and ♥
Kali.

GlowinGirl said...

Pretty piggies I see! How wonderful to build those memories.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My sister's husband was diagnosed this past year at age 42 at the same time that my precious cousin who was 47 passed away from breast cancer after years-long battle. *sigh* God is good. God is good. God is good.

But life is hard. My prayers are with you.

tori said...

how sweet! thanks for sharing you girls day with us. the flowers are beautiful, that Renee is such a nice gal :)

It's me said...

What a sweet moment....enjoy your time together!!

For all of you big hugs and blessings.......specially for your mum !! and happy easter.........hugs from me.....

Farmgirl Paints said...

Can't believe it was her first pedicure...wow:) Sounds like you need to do this kind of thing more often. We all need a little pampering, especially when dealing with major life issues.

Happy b-day to your sweet momma:)

myletterstoemily said...

what a sweet way to pamper your
mom.

i am very sorry for the bad news,
but know that hospice care is just
incredible.

will be praying.

The Ruffled Nest said...

I love your post, it is very similar to mine surprise surprise. I miss you too!!!! I am so glad that the brothers are there with you tonight.

Love you

koralee said...

Sending you all blessings...and yes we all must cast our cares upon Him!!! Your mom looks so sweet...what a blessing you are to her!!! Hugs sweet friend. xoxoo{I will remember to keep you all in my prayers}

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh my word... to live with out a pedi until now? Poor darling thing! So glad you hooked her up! I did the same for my mama a few years back. Just about broke my heart to think she'd never done it! LOL

Thanks for the comment yesterday... I howled with laughter. You are so right, there IS the whole other side of being a "P.K." Just cracked me up!

Blessings and Happy Easter
LMM

Bonnie said...

Beautiful post! I'm so happy you all had such a wonderful time and have pretty toes to show for it. :)

SO glad you visited my blog. You have a lovely blog here. That apronisms book is too cute and your aprons are adorable! I have a small collection of aprons and they make me happy just looking at them. I bet you would do really well if you started your own shop. :)

Best wishes and Happy April!

xoxo,
Bonnie

Nancy said...

Hey Joyce...I knew your mom was living with you but I had no idea why. I am so glad you and Sherrie are making such sweet memories. They will become a treasure like no other! Take care

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Happy Birthday Mommy! Priceless memories how special.Lots-n-Lots of Vitamin D we all should be taking.

Thanks for visiting me @ my blog.~Cheers Kim

Londen @ Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Your pedicure day with your mom and sister looks so fun. You all have adorable toes!
Happy you found my blog and thank you for the sweet comment on my playhouse.

mimi said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, I had to return the favor and am so happy I did... your blog is so pretty and feminine, it made me feel good just looking at it and the girls day tugged at my heart. I will keep your mom in my prayers, and all of you as well. Wish I could sew like you! Thanks for the sunshine today!

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones