"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tea Time?

This is my husband whom I often call
"Big Bear Jer".
Have any of you girls out there noticed that as the years add up in marriages that there are occasionally changes in the hubbys that are unexpected. but very nice.
Well lately Big Jer has been really thinking about and wanting to do things with me that make me happy. Simple things like going grocery shopping with me. or running to Target (my favorite shopping place, yes, I said Target) or watching a chick flick with me.
Now, Jer always had signs of this throughout our marriage, some years more than others, but this year he is on it!

Anyway, Saturday night I told him that I had to run to the library and he said that he would come with.

?!?

I was thrilled.

I really don't care about a fancy, expensive night out. I love just doing everyday things together.
On our way to the library he said that he wanted to take me somewhere that he thought I would love.
And, he was right!

After 25 years he can still surprise me.
I love that :)

We stopped at an adorable little shop called
It is a little place with delicious teas, desserts, chocolates and gifts.


These are the two lovely girls who helped us pick out what tea we were going to try that evening.
Caitlin is on the left and Lindsay is on the right in pink.
Lindsay helped us pick out a wonderful minty tea.
So delicious!!!
And, she was so knowledgeable about all of the teas they have to choose from.
Candy, Candy, Candy...Who could ask for more?
I asked their permission to take some pictures of the shop and feature them on my blog.
They agreed!!!
Here are some more of the pretty and delicious things that they have available at
I didn't have dessert there, but I will definitely go back and try some of those goodies!
I LOVE PRETTIES!!!
More YUM!
Look at all that tea!!!
There are so many that it makes it hard to decide!

If you are ever in Portage, Michigan stop by and check out ChocolaTea.
You won't be disappointed!

One last note to end on-
As we go through our lives, if we are giving, kind, and considerate, in the end we will be surrounded by people that we love.
If we go through our lives full of pride, taking whatever we want, and being selfish in our word and deed, we will be all alone at the end.
I have seen it over and over again.
Selfish people are very lonely people.

In this world of Self, Self, Self, God tells us how to have loving and satisfying relationships.
It is simple, but sometimes very hard to do.

"Do to others as you would have them do to you."
Luke 6:31


"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit,
But in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better Than himself."
Philippians 2:3

Words to ponder...

8 comments:

The Tablescaper said...

Oh how sweet and wonderful. It would be wonderful to visit that sweet little shop, but to do so at the suggestion of your honey is just beyond!!!!

- The Tablescaper

Sewn With Grace said...

I think you may have found our new place to knit!

Alison said...

Thanks for stopping by! I would go crazy in that shop! Your blog is so PRETTY! Also, Luke 6:31 is definitely a verse I keep on my mind always! I've actually been to your blog before, just not sure if I commented or not! Have a great day!!

Our Porch in Hillsborough said...

What a cozy, pretty tea shop . . . I wish it was close to me! I love the clear teacups. Thanks for stopping by my blog - it gave me the chance to discover yours!
Have a great week,
Leah

myletterstoemily said...

what a great bear...i mean guy! so happy for you to have
a wonderful husband.

and totally agree, that it is much more fun to have them
tag along at the grocery store, etc.

love the scriptures!

Jen said...

How sweet of your hubby!! I agree sometimes it's just the everyday things that we enjoying doing them together! That tea shop looks lovely! What a cute name too!

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog today! I am sorry to hear about your mom. She will definitely be in my prays!!

Jen

Summer said...

its always a blessing to have a husband who enjoys sharing time with his wife ..... i have also noticed at times (now that we are together over 20 years) that my hubby is eager to please me as well .... i really do cherish the little things over anything else ..... remember the scripture in proverbs 31 " The wise women builds her house,but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down. " i have seen this scripture come true on both ends many times . praise our LORD today and always !!

Anonymous said...

I'm almost to 23 years of marriage. So at 25 years Dan will want to run errands with me? I can't wait! - Wendy

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones