"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Some People Are Lamp People...

There are some people who are lamp people, and some who are rug people, and I am both of those, but I am really a chair person. I love unique and wonderful chairs.

I got this chair & footstool from a lady that lived in a big old house and would redo anything you brought to her from old furniture to a lamp. She was so talented!
My friend and I went over there one day though, and she was gone. We have no idea where she went or what happened to her. It's a mystery...

These chairs I found in a really cute second hand shop. She only had two (I wanted six) but, I took what I could get and I LOVE Them!!!
This is just a comfy cozy rocking chair.
This chair is one of three. It is an old, wrought iron patio chair. I just quickly covered the gross, cracked vinyl seat with fabric, but I am going to make new seats for them. This one is my desk chair. I wanted four, but again, I took what I could get.

This chair I got at a flee market. It also has a really gross seat, which I am in the process of fixing. I didn't have to paint it though!
I Love, Love Love the pink!
This is just a nice, girly place to sit when I want to hide away. When my friend Rebekah comes over we always go into this room with a cup of tea and the fire going and talk, and talk, and talk.
No Boys Allowed!!!
This is one of my favorite chairs just because it's cute!
The little footstool is from a show that I went to. It is for looks only.
Very Unstable. :)

7 comments:

koralee said...

Love all your chairs...I am a chair person too. Thank you for visiting me the other day. xoxoox

Sewn With Grace said...

I'm in chair envy...

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

I adore your pretty chairs and the lovely fabric that you put on then, soooo cute..thanks for stopping by and your nice comments, that brought me to you...I am now a follower so I won't miss any more of your posts, I'll be back again....Phyllis

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Phyllis,
THANK YOU for coming to see me and becoming a follower! How exciting. :) Your blog is so amazing!

Unknown Mami said...

I'd love to come to your house and have a seat; you have so many beautiful options.

Thank you so much for visiting on my SITs day and taking the time to make me feel special!

Small Burst said...

I'm obsessed with chairs especially cane chairs. Great traformations! BTW, I love Doris Day and Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps. I watched alot of old movies growing up.

The Tablescaper said...

Wow! You've got great chairs!!! The first one you showed is definately a favorite.

- The Tablescaper

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones