"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bonjour!!!

My sister Sherrie, from the blog,
was looking for a project to do on these cold, winter days.
She inspired me to make a bag. So, I went to the fabric store and when I saw this fabric, for some reason, even though I don't normally choose this style, the fabric caught my eye.
An Artist painting a wonderful French masterpiece...
A little foo foo puppy...
A Monsieur and Mademoiselle...

Do these pictures make you wish that you lived in that time and place?
They do me.

It looks like fun!

But, then again, I was definitely born into the wrong time period.
I even made two pockets for the inside of this bag.
No big deal for some, but I am quite proud of myself. :)

Speaking of
check out her post for today.
O.K., I am her sister, but I am telling you that,
That Girl Is CUTE!

Breaking News!!!!
Visit my friend Renee's blog
She is having the most amazing give away!!!
Go check out her blog. So FUN!!!

12 comments:

Sewn With Grace said...

I LOVE THIS! So very cute and chic, ooh la la (is that french enough?)

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Oui, Oui

Law Momma said...

You are too creative for me. How cute is that bag and you MADE it? I can barely make a sandwich. So envious.

The Ruffled Nest said...

Sooo cute!! I have not even started on my bag, the flu set me back a few days. But I was thinking that my very creative and talented sister could whip me up one . That will give me more time to look through the Walmart clearance rack :)

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

O.K. I will give you that bag, and you can find those cute little clearance items for me. Fair trade?

Debra said...

The fabric and bag are just wonderful!!!

To answer your question-my sister-in-law gave me the pillow. Her daughter, my niece, used fabric paint to draw the words directly on the pillow. I think she used a paint that doesn't need heat curing.
~Debra

Bullfrogs & Butterflies Baby said...

I love the fabric choice. We went to Paris on hour honeymoon 10 years ago...thanks for the reflection!

Thank you also for stopping by this morning and offering your prayer for Sweet Layla. She is quite an amazing little girl :)

Double Wide Mom said...

Your blog is gorgeous! I love the bag (I used to sew cute things like that. Maybe its time to do it again) and I LOVE the W.Pooh quote. Thanks for adding my blog to your list and don't you just LOVE the family of God?
-Leanne

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Cute bag and I just love the fabric. I have never seen that. Very French. Love bags with lots of pockets.

Bullfrogs & Butterflies Baby said...

Thanks for stopping by again today, Joyce :) Layla has been vomiting but is sleeping peacefully as of this morning. Her mom and dad update on Twitter regularly (more frequently than the blog):

http://twitter.com/LaylaGrace

Just noticed that you are in MI. Small world...my husband and I were in the Farmington Hills/Northville areas for 15 years prior to being relocated to OH in 2007 :)

myletterstoemily said...

what an adorable bag...ALMOST made me want to sew. :)

Elyse said...

love the bag -- ooh la la!

xo
elyse

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones