"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Brave, Honest & Obedient

My friend, Renee from Sewn With Grace, also a mom to one of the girls who came to the purity retreat, went above and beyond and made gift bags for all of the girls. Inside were some little things that girls like, but best of all, she made them some very special journal covers, each one different from the next. Visit her blog to get a close-up view of them in her post titled "Journal Covers" Thank You Renee!!!
The retreat was so much fun!
We had four beautiful, wonderful young women come and speak with the girls about their own purity journey's. All four were brave, honest and so obedient in sharing their stories.
Thank You, You Four Wonderful, Beautiful Girls!!!

4 comments:

trish said...

Such a blessing to have such sweet ladies coming alongside the teen girls and sharing from their hearts, their own personal purity journeys. I long for Godly young ladies, for my daughter. You all are so blessed to have one another. :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Ps. The journals that Renee created were just precious. The girls will feel so special when they write in their pretty journals. :o)

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

It has been a privilege and a pleasure to be a part of these sweet girls lives.
I am praying that some seeds are planted deep into their young hearts. That they know that they are worth so much, just because they are loved by God.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad it went well. When I was in the youth group still we had a purity retreat every winter and it taught me so much. Glad you got to be apart of it.

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Thanks Amanda, I am so glad that I could be apart of it too.
I really want to teach them the value of purity and to save them some pain!

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones