"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Journey Part II Blessings, Blessings, Blessings

My very first post on this blog is The Journey Part I. As I said then, and am saying today, we are always taking steps on our Journey's. Sometimes forward, sometimes backward, and sometimes we have to step to the side.

This week was a step forward, but definitely in a different direction than I expected. My Mom had a health scare, so instead of flying off to Florida, I drove off to my hometown to help take care of her.

Here are some of the blessings that have come with this step in a different direction-

Taking care of someone who took such good care of me when I was sick.
(Until I was probably 35 I would cry for my Mom whenever I threw up).
Not kidding

Spending time with my Mom and Lil'Sis, working together to help each other.

Loving someone so much that when they are hurting or sad you are too-
Yes, that is a blessing!

Enjoying our time together, even when it isn't always the fun stuff.

Praying for big and small details to be worked out, that seem to hard to even think about, and God with such ease working things out perfectly.

Knowing that we are each so intimately known and love by the God of the Universe!!!


With each and every hardship in our lives come many, many wonderful blessings.
That doesn't mean that we don't hurt, or feel frustrated, angry, or tired sometimes, but it does mean that God works all things for good for those who love Him.

I just pray that I can continue on my Journey with lots of love, grace, patience and mercy, which are all gifts that can only come from God!

I am Blessed!!!



9 comments:

tori said...

this is a wonderful post Joyce! praying for your mom, you and your sister.

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Thanks Tori,
Knowing that people are praying is such a comfort!

Sewn With Grace said...

You are always so wise, that is why I lean on you so often. Without these struggles we wouldn't see the blessings. Thank goodness our Lord is there to hold our hand and walk us through while blessing us along the way. We will hold fast to Him and to each other. Love you!

The Park Wife said...

Beautifully written and heartfelt Joyce! Love your blog! Thanks for coming by The Park Wife!

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Aaahhh Renee, Thanks for the encouragement! I love you too.

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Dear Park Wife,
Thanks for coming to visit me and for the kind words. I so enjoyed your blog this morning. You are in the middle of some VERY special years. ENJOY!!!

The Ruffled Nest said...

I am blessed to have a bid sister like you!! I love you!!

Debra said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love yours! You asked what camera I use-it's a Sony DSC H-2. Does that make sense?? I am not very techy if that's a word, but my son has helped me use it-I love photography-and that was a real surprise for me...I like to show God's wonderful creations through this medium.
~Debra

Unknown Mami said...

So sorry to hear about your mother's health scare. Sending positive thoughts.

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones