"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Monday, February 1, 2010

Be Careful...Fragile


How fun are these? They are measuring cups! And, yes there is a story behind them.

I went to visit my Fabulous Apron Model sister, Sherrie (who by the way has a blog called "A Ruffled Nest" check it out) and, hanging on these little hooks next to her kitchen sink were these cute, little cups. Of course I was intrigued and wanted a closer look, but as I reached for one the one behind it fell! Oh My!! On the rim of the measuring cup was a little chip. Ouch! I felt horrible, but having the fabulous sister that I do, she was so sweet and forgiving. It was a small chip, and she said that it was no big deal.

Well, I couldn't just walk away and let it go. Oh no...I decided to inspect the damage a little closer, and guess what I did? Yep, dropped it again! Needless to say, it is still hanging in her cute little kitchen with a Big chip in it. Here's how sweet she is- Guess what I got for Christmas? A brand-new, chipless set of those measuring cups!

What a sister...

4 comments:

Sewn With Grace said...

How cute are those! What a great story, made me giggle just a little...

tori said...

I want those!!
since we got back from vacay I am mysteriously missing my 1/2 cup measuring cup....
just thinking I'm going to have to go buy a new one (set)

Joyce said...

Hi Tori. She got them at Pier One. Just be careful with them. LOL

The Tablescaper said...

I got these for Christmas too! My neighbor gave them to me (Pier One) and they were right on the money. They were one of my favorite gifts.

- The Tablescaper

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones