"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the Pooh

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sprouting Seeds

"The kingdom of God is like a man who casts seed upon the soil; and he goes to bed at night and gets up by day, and the seed sprouts and grows- how, he himself does not know." Mark 4:26-27

I took this picture on December 1st, in Michigan! How amazing is that? The next week that step was covered completely with snow. I love the tenacity of seeds. On our journey's we drop seeds accidentally, or we sow seed purposefully, or we think we are doing nothing at all. But, we are. We are casting seeds with our words, with our actions, and with the examples of our lives. I cannot do everything perfectly, but I believe that this is a good thought for me to keep in my thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Joyce, Love the new blog! I also love the message of this post. I too, need to keep that thought ever present and in my prayers. Thanks for the reminder and good luck with the blog :)

Sewn With Grace said...

This is so true Joyce and what a good reminder. Love your blog and music! So fun!

Joyce said...

Thank you both for your comments. What an exciting moment for a new blogger!!!

tori said...

Thank you for the beautiful reminder and I love that picture! Your blog is lovely!

Popular Posts

I Love Aprons

I Love Aprons

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones